Wed, Sep 18, 10:53 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 7:39 am)

Subject: Can't Find My Downloads

romangirl ( ) posted Mon, 22 December 2008 at 8:24 AM · edited Wed, 18 September 2024 at 10:49 AM

I've downloaded Poser textures for a long time.  Last night, I downloaded three.   I can't find one of them.  I can find them in their proper places when I search, but when I open Poser 7., I can't find them in the pose libraries.   They are textures for V4.2 and M4.   I've restarted the computer several times,  but nada!

bethc1952 ( ) posted Mon, 22 December 2008 at 8:35 AM

Are they textures or materials?  Materials can only be found in the Material Room.  Then there's a library entry for materials, and they will be in there.

If they're textures, you may not have a MAT pose and may have to apply them manually.

Beth

One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation.  Right at the start of everything that's new, one little spark lights up for you!

hborre ( ) posted Mon, 22 December 2008 at 9:17 AM
Online Now!

Beth is correct.  If the files are only textures, they will not show up in the poser library at all.  You will have to enter the material room and apply them to each material section of your model.

romangirl ( ) posted Mon, 22 December 2008 at 3:50 PM

They are three characters that are for   M4 and V4.2.  I'm probably not saying it right.  But they are "Poser people."   When I search, I see them in the Pose libray.    I've been purchasing "people" for years.  This is the first time I can't open any of them in Poser 7.

nruddock ( ) posted Mon, 22 December 2008 at 5:07 PM

If you can tell us what you got and where from, it will be easier to provide assistance.

markschum ( ) posted Mon, 22 December 2008 at 5:16 PM

If you see them in the pose library with windows , they should be in the same place within Poser. Make a note of the exact folder path and check in poser, look for any missing thumbnails . Lower case file names are at the bottom of the library list.

romangirl ( ) posted Mon, 22 December 2008 at 7:04 PM

I have to admit with a red face that I've just now discovered a massive "Operator error." The other day, I was trying to save a texture in Program files/e frontier/poser 7. After I clicked, the Poser 7 folder disappeared. About an hour later, it seemed to come back. But it contained only a few megabytes of data. Somehow, my "misclick" moved 11.2 gigabytes of Poser 7 data into a magically created Poser 7 folder in my earthlink mail folder, located just below the e frontier folder. I have two computers. I can open the new character textures in the Pose library on the second computer. But the bad news is that even after I transferred the Poser 7 data back to the Poser 7 folder in  e frontier, and reinstalled the character textures over what was previously installed, I still can't find them in Poser 7 of my primary computer. Should I have first deleted all the previous installs? I am still working on this. Uh oh, confusing you?   Thanks to all who have offered me help!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.