Sat, Sep 21, 7:27 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Photography

Welcome to the Photography Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Photography F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 12:22 pm)

Subject: January 2009 Photography Forum Challenge - Symmetry

tizjezzme ( ) posted Fri, 26 December 2008 at 7:28 AM · edited Sat, 21 September 2024 at 7:27 PM

file_420555.jpg

"The only thing coming straight out of MY camera is the cable!"
P. Vermeulen

Meisiekind ( ) posted Thu, 01 January 2009 at 12:22 PM

Nice one Shari!!! Hopefully with the festive season now behind us, I will get a chance to participate fully!!! Happy New Year my friend! Hugs, Carin :)

"To me, photography is an art of observation. It's about finding something interesting in an ordinary place... I've found it has little to do with the things you see and everything to do with the way you see them."

Elliott Erwitt

tizjezzme ( ) posted Thu, 01 January 2009 at 3:11 PM

Thanks Carin!  :)  Hopefully I can participate too!  lol  Have fun ... and good luck!  HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU TOO!!  (((HUGS)))!!!

P. Vermeulen

PD154 ( ) posted Thu, 01 January 2009 at 9:09 PM

Oh yeah!!!! this is gonna be fun fun fun :)..Another good idea Shazz, but I'll let someone else throw out the first pitch for a change, Happy new year to you Shari, and that is extended to all who visit, come on gang, lets see some great images :)

It takes one tree to make a billion matchsticks, but one match to burn a billion trees

tizjezzme ( ) posted Thu, 01 January 2009 at 9:47 PM

I've said it before, and I'll say it again ... Ronnie, I LOVE your enthusiasm!!!  Thank you thank you thank you!!!  :) :) ... and a very happy new year to you too!!

P. Vermeulen

bmac62 ( ) posted Fri, 02 January 2009 at 8:54 AM

file_420951.jpg

Great challenge for January.  And OK, you twisted my arm :-) Here's one to break the ice. Took this a few days ago...wish I had centered everything a bit better but this sky light or light dome I think they call it fills the requirements for this month's challenge I think.  Bill

"Beware of all enterprises that require new clothes."

PD154 ( ) posted Fri, 02 January 2009 at 8:59 AM

Very fitting and very symetrical Bill, nice one to get us underway.

It takes one tree to make a billion matchsticks, but one match to burn a billion trees

durleybeachbum ( ) posted Fri, 02 January 2009 at 9:59 AM

Tempting this, as symmetry is something I normally avoid like the plague!

durleybeachbum ( ) posted Fri, 02 January 2009 at 9:59 AM

Tempting this, as symmetry is something I normally avoid like the plague!

PD154 ( ) posted Fri, 02 January 2009 at 10:18 AM

LOL cute Andrea, never thought of a symetrical comment :)

beachzz ( ) posted Fri, 02 January 2009 at 11:59 AM · edited Fri, 02 January 2009 at 12:00 PM

file_420953.jpg

merced river, near yosemite, california~~~may, 2008~~~YEEEEEEE HAWWWWWW!!!!!! that's my son in back on the oars, me in front of him~~check out those grins!!

bmac62 ( ) posted Fri, 02 January 2009 at 12:03 PM

Centrifugal force at work up top? Heh, Heh...

PD154 ( ) posted Fri, 02 January 2009 at 1:03 PM

LOL@Bill :)...great shot Maz, did you have fun? :)

bentchick ( ) posted Fri, 02 January 2009 at 1:21 PM

I love floating the Merced, but usually the calm part in the Valley! Looks like fun, but watch out for that other boat !!! LOL :P

Kim Hawkins

Kim Hawkins Eastern Sierra Gallery

Meisiekind ( ) posted Fri, 02 January 2009 at 1:21 PM

WOW - Nice pics Bill and Marilyn... Better get my A into G.... LOL...

"To me, photography is an art of observation. It's about finding something interesting in an ordinary place... I've found it has little to do with the things you see and everything to do with the way you see them."

Elliott Erwitt

Meisiekind ( ) posted Fri, 02 January 2009 at 1:45 PM

file_420961.jpg

OK - here's my first attempt. This is nature's weird symmetry. I captured this strange cloud formation above my house a couple of evening ago. Wanted to place it on my gallery with the title "V for Victory"... but I think it fits better here!!!

Elliott Erwitt

jeroni ( ) posted Fri, 02 January 2009 at 2:42 PM

file_420965.jpg

I hope that this is what we have to put i feel sorry for the language

Logo (image - link) Powered by - link Sobre la tecnología de la traducción automática

jeroni

jeroni ( ) posted Fri, 02 January 2009 at 2:47 PM

file_420966.JPG

This is another that i have

jeroni

beachzz ( ) posted Fri, 02 January 2009 at 8:18 PM

I had a blast--and a couple of times it felt just like that!!

auntietk ( ) posted Sat, 03 January 2009 at 12:00 AM

Great idea!  I'll keep my eyes peeled.  :)  LOVE Carin's sky pic!!!

"If your pictures aren't good enough, you're not close enough."  ...  Robert Capa

PD154 ( ) posted Sat, 03 January 2009 at 6:58 AM

Excellent shots Carin and Jeroni :)...I have to start looking now someone else has fired the first shot :)

PD154 ( ) posted Sat, 03 January 2009 at 9:31 AM

file_421008.jpg

Here's my first shot.

bmac62 ( ) posted Sat, 03 January 2009 at 11:02 AM

Great shot Ronnie.  A combined bascule and suspension bridge no doubt :-)  I never realized how massive the structure really is... Looks just right for this challenge.  Bill

auntietk ( ) posted Sat, 03 January 2009 at 12:11 PM

That whole structure is all about symmetry!  Nice.

"If your pictures aren't good enough, you're not close enough."  ...  Robert Capa

PD154 ( ) posted Sat, 03 January 2009 at 12:55 PM

Thanks Tara and Bill, yesterday was freezing cold, there were hardly anyone taking pics of this iconic structure, as I live just around the corner, I thought why not?

jeroni ( ) posted Sat, 03 January 2009 at 1:58 PM

file_421030.jpg

This is my third image i hope you will like thanks

jeroni

auntietk ( ) posted Sat, 03 January 2009 at 2:04 PM

Oh wow!  I love that, Jeroni.  What a fantastic image!  I like all three you've posted, but this last one is glorious!

Meisiekind ( ) posted Sat, 03 January 2009 at 2:06 PM

Jeroni & Ronnie... well done!!! Stunning images...

Ronnie - how about two rows of beer cans... thats symmetrical... lol...

Elliott Erwitt

PD154 ( ) posted Sat, 03 January 2009 at 2:15 PM

LOL Carin, I did beer cans before :)))..Besides I drank it all at Chrismas and new years :)))
Jaroni, another great image.

tizjezzme ( ) posted Sat, 03 January 2009 at 3:31 PM

Omg, you guys, sure have come up with some BEEAAUTIFUL ones!!! 

P. Vermeulen

tizjezzme ( ) posted Sat, 03 January 2009 at 3:46 PM

file_421035.jpg

P. Vermeulen

busi2ness ( ) posted Sat, 03 January 2009 at 3:56 PM

Hey, everybody seems to be having great fun in here! It is good to see people take the challenge serious and go out and capture FOR the challenge and not just use the archives for entering photographs.

Let me get mine ready... :biggrin:

Piet Vermeulen, South Africa

busi2ness ( ) posted Sat, 03 January 2009 at 4:01 PM

file_421036.jpg

Here goes, the historical "Tweetoringkerk" (Two tower/steeple church) in Bloemfontein, South Africa.

PD154 ( ) posted Sat, 03 January 2009 at 4:13 PM · edited Sat, 03 January 2009 at 4:14 PM

WOW! you two guys came in with flying colours Piet and Shazz, great submissions :)

mermaid ( ) posted Sat, 03 January 2009 at 4:59 PM

file_421039.jpg

Ah I will join the fun...smile... with different colors

PD154 ( ) posted Sat, 03 January 2009 at 5:03 PM

Hey nice one Ulla :)

tizjezzme ( ) posted Sat, 03 January 2009 at 5:28 PM

Beautiful too Ulla!!!  :)

Thanks Ronnie :) 

P. Vermeulen

busi2ness ( ) posted Sat, 03 January 2009 at 5:58 PM

Thank you Ronnie, I see you are among our regular visitors, I can only say kudos to you guys keeping things going in here and having fun.

Oh and I noticed someone has uploaded her contribution. :-| great Shari, it's good to see you have fun and not just slave away behind the scenes!

PD154 ( ) posted Sat, 03 January 2009 at 6:29 PM

Thanks Piet, I really do enjoy the challenge forum, it's great to have a laugh, and this is the place where you can have a good giggle and nobody takes offence, it's all done in the best possible taste :)

PD154 ( ) posted Sat, 03 January 2009 at 7:38 PM

file_421046.jpg

Just snapped this during the making of my fave sandwich of cheese and bell pepper :)

tizjezzme ( ) posted Sat, 03 January 2009 at 9:12 PM

Wow, you are GOOD Ronnie !!!  Who would have ever thought of this ??  Certainly not me... you come up with some winners.. that's for sure.

P. Vermeulen

PD154 ( ) posted Sat, 03 January 2009 at 9:29 PM

Thanks Shari :) and the sandwich was delish  :b_grin:

jeroni ( ) posted Sun, 04 January 2009 at 5:26 AM

How many photos can be put

jeroni

busi2ness ( ) posted Sun, 04 January 2009 at 5:28 AM · edited Sun, 04 January 2009 at 5:29 AM

Jeroni: the rules say 3, I have not counted yours so far. Good luck, you are doing great here in the forum, it is really nice to see you taking part.

Keep up the good work and have fun!

jeroni ( ) posted Sun, 04 January 2009 at 5:34 AM · edited Sun, 04 January 2009 at 5:35 AM

Thanks friend then i already got 3 photos, a question because they no longer ec does what the diti

jeroni

marybelgium ( ) posted Sun, 04 January 2009 at 6:52 AM

file_421073.jpg

Great idea !

tizjezzme ( ) posted Sun, 04 January 2009 at 6:53 AM

Beautiful photo mary!!!  perfect for the challenge!  :)

P. Vermeulen

marybelgium ( ) posted Sun, 04 January 2009 at 7:00 AM

file_421074.jpg

another one ...it is like I had guessed  it !!! lol !

busi2ness ( ) posted Sun, 04 January 2009 at 7:20 AM

You are welcome Jeroni, I hope you still enjoy the uploads in here.

PD154 ( ) posted Sun, 04 January 2009 at 7:36 AM

Good entries Mary, I like the first shot, beautiful capture :)

Fred255 ( ) posted Sun, 04 January 2009 at 8:48 AM

Please Note this is NOT a Photoshop challenge it's a **PHOTOGRAPHY CHALLENGE. **
If I see anymore photoshopped images I will
REMOVE THEM

ecurb - The Devil

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.