Fri, Oct 4, 12:14 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 26 4:27 pm)

Subject: V7I - update out today - still labeled beta

dlk30341 ( ) posted Mon, 29 December 2008 at 1:54 PM · edited Fri, 06 September 2024 at 8:25 PM

As stated above.

Rutra ( ) posted Mon, 29 December 2008 at 2:05 PM · edited Mon, 29 December 2008 at 2:05 PM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/mod/forumpro/showthread.php?thread_id=2759399

A warning: see thread linked above. This new build has a problem when Poser shader tree is used. In that thread, I just posted two images, one with build 37138 and one with 38524. In the older one, the Poser shader tree rendered perfectly, in the new one... aarrgh!

dlk30341 ( ) posted Mon, 29 December 2008 at 4:53 PM

I have rolled back, have had too many issues :(

Rutra ( ) posted Mon, 29 December 2008 at 4:58 PM

Apart from the poser shader tree thing, it's pretty stable in my system (Vista 64, 8GB).

dlk30341 ( ) posted Mon, 29 December 2008 at 5:12 PM

I haven't crashed, have just come across various other issues.

1.  OGL is basically non-existant(EON knows this & from what I heard I assumed it was going to be fixed in this update)
2.  Getting shaded squares on a terrain when rendered
3.  Eco'd a terrain & changed the leaf mats on 1 of the trees, that particular tree then disappeared from the render but did show on screen.
4.  After using the poser shader tree for a test I then attempted to import the same item like I normally do....I had to shut down Vue after 5m - the import was stuck at 45%

There is more, but I'm tired of typing LOL!

Rutra ( ) posted Mon, 29 December 2008 at 5:14 PM

Oh my...
I've been working with terrains and haven't noticed anything strange like shaded squares. The rest of the stuff didn't test yet.

dlk30341 ( ) posted Mon, 29 December 2008 at 5:23 PM

Oh 1 more interesting tidbit - the eco I tried & then deleted(this left me with just the ground plane) I loaded up the tree I tried to change & it wanted to eco!  Vue asked me if I wanted to populate LOL.  I opened a new scene loaded the same tree & viola it again asked if I wanted to populate.

Of course this all could have been that Vue just went belly up with all the other stuff I mentioned above that was happening.

Rutra ( ) posted Mon, 29 December 2008 at 5:34 PM

You said you were changing the mat of the leaf. Maybe the material you were applying to the leaf was an eco itself... You would then be applying an eco to a material that was itself being eco'd. That would confuse Vue probably...
Long shot, I know... :-)

Rutra ( ) posted Mon, 29 December 2008 at 5:35 PM

And that, of course, would also justify the question if you wanted to populate.

dlk30341 ( ) posted Mon, 29 December 2008 at 5:59 PM

Nope - was just changing the color from green to red. 

ralfakerkhoff ( ) posted Tue, 30 December 2008 at 7:19 AM

Hi,

the black rendered squares seem to be "atmosphere dependent".

If someone has owned the TerraPak you can test it without changing anything in the scene:

Create a new scene and choose "Standard and fast" from the TerraPak atmospheres.

Add a standard fractal terrain to the scene and render in final quality. I end up with a terrain which has some black squares:

Now change the Atmosphere to "Clear day spectral" from TerraPak and move the sun a bit arround, that the terrain will be "lightened".

This one renders fine.

Ralf

Cheers

Ralf

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.