Mon, Sep 9, 8:23 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 09 6:38 am)

Subject: Free Mud shader for P7

shedofjoy ( ) posted Fri, 09 January 2009 at 6:10 PM

Impressive mr Bagginsbill, it's nice to know i helped in making you look a different way at making water droplets (even if it was by accident,lol)
I hope you make some of the failings apparent to smith micro on the failings of the nodes...
as i too have come across the failure of there not being 2 surfaces when you want a water droplet on the skin using diplacement etc, and it would be nice as an inclusion in Poser 8 maybe....
i will keep checking back here, and i may get in some more testing on sunday, but sadly tomorow i have another 14 hour shift at work, so yet again it gets in the way of poser...lol

Getting old and still making "art" without soiling myself, now that's success.

shorterbus ( ) posted Fri, 09 January 2009 at 9:08 PM

shedofjoy, you've gone way overboard on this work thing. You need to get your priotities straight

shedofjoy ( ) posted Sat, 10 January 2009 at 6:17 PM

lol @ Shorterbus , i agree totally. but now the weekend has arrived i can get back to what i love,
i will be putting in some serious poser time on monday, tomorow is family day... so all have a good sunday and see you back here for more mud

3Dave ( ) posted Sat, 10 January 2009 at 7:49 PM

Enjoy your weekend, I'm sure we'll be back with our buckets as soon as your ready to sling some more mud 

grichter ( ) posted Sat, 10 January 2009 at 11:02 PM

Shoot I was hoping for a Harry Mudd Shader too!

For those of you not as old as the dirt used in shedofjoy's shader like me, Harry was a character in an episode of original Star Trek Show.

Gary

"Those who lose themselves in a passion lose less than those who lose their passion"

JWFokker ( ) posted Thu, 02 April 2009 at 5:51 PM

Quote - lol @ Shorterbus , i agree totally. but now the weekend has arrived i can get back to what i love,
i will be putting in some serious poser time on monday, tomorow is family day... so all have a good sunday and see you back here for more mud

So it's been about three months. Did you make any further progress on the mud shader?

vholf ( ) posted Thu, 02 April 2009 at 10:00 PM

bookmarked

shedofjoy ( ) posted Fri, 03 April 2009 at 10:25 AM

I have one more version of the mud shader, currently im working on some clothes for GND4, will post last version mud shader in the next couple of weeks

ice-boy ( ) posted Fri, 03 April 2009 at 12:14 PM

i must ay the shaders that BB posted here are amazing. but so many nodes? dear lord.

Malysse ( ) posted Sun, 07 November 2010 at 8:39 PM

BB - Was your mud shader for VSS ever published?

I've just looked through the thread and couldn't see a link.

hborre ( ) posted Sun, 07 November 2010 at 9:07 PM

That VSS was never published by BB, it has remained a trade secret.

bagginsbill ( ) posted Mon, 08 November 2010 at 9:09 AM

I must be the most awesome person in the world at getting distracted. I completely forgot about this effort.

I don't even know where the shader is anymore. I'll try to find it and get over my dislike for publishing with flaws - probably most people will want it even with the parts I am not happy with.

Renderosity forum reply notifications are wonky. If I read a follow-up in a thread, but I don't myself reply, then notifications no longer happen AT ALL on that thread. So if I seem to be ignoring a question, that's why. (Updated September 23, 2019)

shedofjoy ( ) posted Mon, 08 November 2010 at 12:54 PM

my mud shader is still on my web site under poser 7 stuff. i still keep on meaning to post my hair shader node setup, but that will have to wait whilst i juggle one 8month old and another due in april.... ohh the poopy nappies, and i suppose i could convert the shader to a poopy nappy shader,lol

Malysse ( ) posted Mon, 08 November 2010 at 5:55 PM

@Shedofjoy: Um  ... I'll stick to the mud, if that's ok :-)

@BB: That would be so cool if you could. Doesn't matter if it's not a VSS version either as I can do that bit myself, and besides I want to put some mud on elephants rather than a Vicky!

SamTherapy ( ) posted Tue, 09 November 2010 at 1:27 PM

@ BagginsBill - How about a figure with a bodysuit?  Aiko3, for example, has a bodysuit which covers head, hands and feet also.

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery

imagination304 ( ) posted Tue, 09 November 2010 at 7:34 PM

(BM)

bagginsbill ( ) posted Tue, 09 November 2010 at 10:54 PM

Quote - @ BagginsBill - How about a figure with a bodysuit?  Aiko3, for example, has a bodysuit which covers head, hands and feet also.

So cloth+mud instead of skin+mud? Or metal + mud? Or car paint + mud? All these are possible. I've arranged the mud shader as a layered matmatic sub-shader that can be stacked on others. Since Poser shaders don't offer layering, it's kind of tricky to combine two materials in one shader - but that's what has to be done.

For now, I'm combining with my skin shader.

Renderosity forum reply notifications are wonky. If I read a follow-up in a thread, but I don't myself reply, then notifications no longer happen AT ALL on that thread. So if I seem to be ignoring a question, that's why. (Updated September 23, 2019)

bagginsbill ( ) posted Tue, 09 November 2010 at 10:56 PM · edited Tue, 09 November 2010 at 10:56 PM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

file_461414.jpg

I literally have a few wrinkles to work out. I have a problem where the little splatters cause bump without coloring. These bumps are tiny - on the order of 1/200th of an inch. But when they catch the light just so, they look wrong. Click for full size and look at the arms.

Sigh.

I really can't bring myself to post the shader until it's right.

bagginsbill ( ) posted Tue, 09 November 2010 at 11:17 PM

file_461415.jpg

Chalky.

bagginsbill ( ) posted Tue, 09 November 2010 at 11:35 PM

Bah - have to force myself to let go. This is still a WIP, but I figure what the heck. Try it.

When saving the attached file, remove the .txt at the end of the filename. Place anywhere in a materials folder.

It is VSS ready. Load it into the control prop Template Skin. When you synchronize, VSS will populate the maps. If not using VSS, just fill in the maps as you need. All maps are optional. Be sure to enable ray tracing and displacement in render settings. And have some stuff to reflect like a sky.

bagginsbill ( ) posted Tue, 09 November 2010 at 11:56 PM

Hmm - tried ten times to upload. Failed. I'll try again tomorrow.

SamTherapy ( ) posted Wed, 10 November 2010 at 12:01 AM

I was referring to your earlier post about double surface shaders and copying the skin geometry.  The bodysuit seems the most likely contender.

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery

bagginsbill ( ) posted Wed, 10 November 2010 at 7:07 AM · edited Wed, 10 November 2010 at 7:07 AM

file_461424.txt

Finally got it uploaded.

Malysse ( ) posted Wed, 10 November 2010 at 11:20 AM

file_461433.jpg

Yay! A muddy heffalump!

Couldn't work out how to extract the 'mud' from the VSS skin shader in order to make my own VSS shader, so just applied it as it came.

Anyway, now I just need to find a nice mudbath for him.

Acadia ( ) posted Thu, 23 June 2011 at 12:22 PM · edited Thu, 23 June 2011 at 12:27 PM

file_470134.jpg

I'm looking for a dirty skin shader, not so much mud caked.  What I'm after is more along the lines of what **shedofjoy** showed in one of his posts earlier in this thread, in these 2 images or like in this linked image.

http://www.worldofstock.com/stock_photos/PWO10319.php

"It is good to see ourselves as others see us. Try as we may, we are never
able to know ourselves fully as we are, especially the evil side of us.
This we can do only if we are not angry with our critics but will take in good
heart whatever they might have to say." - Ghandi

Acadia ( ) posted Thu, 23 June 2011 at 12:23 PM

file_470135.jpg

And his close up.

More of a sooty-dusty look than having been in a roll around mud fight.

"It is good to see ourselves as others see us. Try as we may, we are never
able to know ourselves fully as we are, especially the evil side of us.
This we can do only if we are not angry with our critics but will take in good
heart whatever they might have to say." - Ghandi

vilters ( ) posted Thu, 23 June 2011 at 12:27 PM · edited Thu, 23 June 2011 at 12:28 PM

file_470137.jpg

Try this one :or some variations of it.

Poser 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, P8 and PPro2010, P9 and PP2012, P10 and PP2014 Game Dev
"Do not drive faster then your angel can fly"!

vilters ( ) posted Thu, 23 June 2011 at 1:04 PM

file_470139.jpg

Sorry, an error in the math functions :-(

This is better

Poser 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, P8 and PPro2010, P9 and PP2012, P10 and PP2014 Game Dev
"Do not drive faster then your angel can fly"!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.