Thu, Sep 19, 6:30 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Blender

Welcome to the Blender Forum

Forum Moderators: Lobo3433 Forum Coordinators: LuxXeon

Blender F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 15 9:06 pm)

Welcome to the Blender Forum!

Your place to learn about Blender, ask questions,
   exchange ideas, and interact with the other Blender users!

Gallery | Freestuff | Tutorials

Visit the Renderosity MarketPlace. Your source for digital art content!

Subject: Blender and Voodoo Compositing

Eiseprod ( ) posted Wed, 21 January 2009 at 11:05 AM · edited Mon, 09 September 2024 at 5:29 PM

file_422220.jpg

Please, I need your help. I am working on compositing real life image with Blender generated images. I have been able to CORRECTLY track the camera with Voodoo and successfully imported into Blender but when I add my virtual image which in this instance is a car, it does not show up in the rendered image even though it is showing in the screen shot. A screen shot and the rendered image of the project in question at frame 950 is attached if it help help make my question clearer 

Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong. I even added a simple ''CUBE'' in the scene, yet it did not show up in the rendered image.

I think I should add for clarity that when viewing the screen shot, I am in the Camera view (Numpad 0)

THANKS

Reddog9 ( ) posted Wed, 21 January 2009 at 12:41 PM

That's really hard to say with out looking at the .blend file to see what's going on. 

I think my first couple of guesses would be:

1.  If you have multiple cameras, make sure the one you want to use for rendering is set as the default camera  ( I believe it's CTRL-0 to set it as the default )

2.  Check the frame numbers in the Car's IPO, the Cameras IPOS and the numbers set for the animation to make sure they all coincide correctly.  IE - if the camera / animation is set to go from 500 - 1000, the car's IPO may be going from 0 - 500, in which case it may have animated itself off the screen by the time the camera starts rolling.

That's about all I can guess at with out looking at the file.  Screen shots help, but there's so many other factors to look at, sometimes it's just not enough.

Scott

Reddog9
Tutorials, Samples and Models
www.blender3dclub.com

Eiseprod ( ) posted Wed, 21 January 2009 at 1:32 PM

In response to your question, I have attched the .blend file. Actually, the animation I'm trying out is trying to explode a virtual car in a line of real cars. The simply vanishes from the screen at the frame where it is supposed to explode.

When I first did the car explosion, I set the explosion at between frame 50 and 51 without the camera tracking and it went on well. So after setting up the motion tracking from Voodoo in Blender, I then appended the car and changed the frame to 1000 and 1001. Then the problem starts. 

I feel disappointed because this was supposed to be my first major project  where I did everything myself, from the modelling of the car to the eventaul exploded car in the real life footage. But somehow, I managed to mess things up
Hope the .blend file helps . Thanx for replying

Eiseprod ( ) posted Wed, 21 January 2009 at 1:40 PM

In response to your question, I have attched the .blend file. Actually, the animation I'm trying out is trying to explode a virtual car in a line of real cars. The simply vanishes from the screen at the frame where it is supposed to explode. When I first did the car explosion, I set the explosion at between frame 50 and 51 without the camera tracking and it went on well. So after setting up the motion tracking from Voodoo in Blender, I then appended the car and changed the frame to 1000 and 1001. Then the problem starts. I feel disappointed because this was supposed to be my first major project  where I did everything myself, from the modelling of the car to the eventaul exploded car in the real life footage. But somehow, I managed to mess things upHope the .blend file helps . Thanx for replying

Reddog9 ( ) posted Thu, 22 January 2009 at 10:43 AM

I'd like to help you.  I enjoy helping people as much as I can and I LOVE to trouble shoot things.. but I must be having a brain cramp or something because I can't find any link to your .blend file anywhere. 

If someone could point that out to me, I could tear into it and see if I can find the problem for you.  

or just email it to me if you like....

scott@blender3dclub.com

Scott

Reddog9
Tutorials, Samples and Models
www.blender3dclub.com

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.