Wed, Sep 4, 8:19 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 04 1:28 am)

Subject: Has anyone come across this rip off site

chohole ( ) posted Mon, 26 January 2009 at 10:46 AM · edited Sun, 01 September 2024 at 9:50 PM

All sorts of things, some of mine and my son's, some from here, including at least one  of AerySoul's whuch even includes his logo on the screenshots so no doubt about it. A hair from RDNA, etc.
Mostly freestuff, but we have found at least one commercial Daz item

I don't speak Italian so am not sure how to deal with this

The greatest part of wisdom is learning to develop  the ineffable genius of extracting the "neither here nor there" out of any situation...."

JenX ( ) posted Mon, 26 January 2009 at 10:57 AM

I've removed the link to the warez site, as we don't allow them here.  Have you contacted copyright@renderosity.com with the link?

Sitemail | Freestuff | Craftythings | Youtube|

Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it into a fruit salad.

markschum ( ) posted Mon, 26 January 2009 at 10:57 AM · edited Mon, 26 January 2009 at 11:06 AM

If any Daz items are involved email the website link to abuse@daz3d.com with a brief description and their copyright person will deal with it .

renderosity stuff, use sitemail to an admin , same info

you can sitemail any rendo mechants as well.

www.google.com and go to language tools, will translate the web page (badly)

To me that looks like a good site , but like any, may have some bogus files in freestuff, it doesnt seem to be a pirate .

chohole ( ) posted Mon, 26 January 2009 at 11:09 AM

Yup we have already contacted Daz. I am sorry about the link, forgot that. Was just so annoyed about the rip off.

The site owner insists it is not a warez site, and yet most everything on the site is other peoples work.

The greatest part of wisdom is learning to develop  the ineffable genius of extracting the "neither here nor there" out of any situation...."

markschum ( ) posted Mon, 26 January 2009 at 1:25 PM

The site links to smith micro and some other vendors, and appears to have a store. It looked to me like the copyright stuff was in a freestuff type area.   Anyway , we will see what happens now . 

Meshbox ( ) posted Mon, 26 January 2009 at 2:05 PM

It greatly saddens me that venue providers cannot be held accountable for what is posted on their sites. What this effectively does is allows warez sites to be set up and "users" post whatever they want - there's no doubt those sites are set up for one purpose, and that's to steal.

Even worse - these sites use various internet ad companies to sell ad space on their sites, so they make money off of ad revenue, and so do the ad companies.

I understand that a venue has no control over individuals that post there. But there needs to be some sort of contributory function - like a house that is continuously rented out to crack dealers. It should be possible to shut that house down and have it condemned.

Best regards,

chikako
Meshbox Design | 3D Models You Want

giorgio_2004 ( ) posted Tue, 27 January 2009 at 3:12 AM

I DO speak Italian so if you need assistance in sending some appropriate hard words or to read the site, just PM me.

Giorgio

giorgio_2004 here, ksabers on XBox Live, PSN  and everywhere else.

chohole ( ) posted Wed, 28 January 2009 at 5:06 AM

Thanks for that offer. It seems however that the rather controversial thread over at daz did the trick, because she seems to have removed almost everything from her site.

Have Sent you a PM with a link, just in case.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.