Mon, Sep 23, 10:23 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Community Center

Welcome to the Community Center Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Community Center F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 23 7:15 am)

Forum news, updates, events, etc. Please sitemail any notices or questions for the staff to the Forum Moderators.

Subject: LAG!

johnny_damnit ( ) posted Thu, 05 February 2009 at 7:29 AM · edited Mon, 23 September 2024 at 10:21 PM

I am having serious lag issues on this web site.  It only occurs on the top third of the page.  I can not scroll down the page quickly until I get past the lag point.  Then I can scroll like normal.  It is getting very frustrating.  This problem happens everywhere on this web site.  I noticed it started about 1 week ago and it has not changed since.  Please help because it is taking too long just to look at fellow artists work and comment on them.

Thank you,

Johnny

bobbystahr ( ) posted Thu, 05 February 2009 at 9:12 AM

Are you using Google Chrome browser...I've noticed this as well and that's what I've been using the last month.. ...

Once in a while I look around,
I see a sound
and try to write it down
Sometimes they come out very soft
Tinkling light sound
The Sun comes up again

AnnieD ( ) posted Thu, 05 February 2009 at 12:12 PM

It happens to me too ..using IE 8....when i ran into this before it was always a new ad or some new piece of code that had been put onto the pages...

“For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible.”

[Stuart Chase]

bobbystahr ( ) posted Thu, 05 February 2009 at 2:10 PM

sigh...guess it'll clear up like this cold I seem to have but have no memory of asking for..LOL.. ...

I see a sound
and try to write it down
Tinkling light sound
The Sun comes up again

AnnieD ( ) posted Thu, 05 February 2009 at 2:29 PM

Hot-toddy time bobby stahr  :thumbupboth:

“For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible.”

[Stuart Chase]

bobbystahr ( ) posted Thu, 05 February 2009 at 3:30 PM

toddy?...do I know her...LOL...I agree, except it'll have to be a non alcohol version as I'm an alcholic...a non drinking one that is.. ...

I see a sound
and try to write it down
Tinkling light sound
The Sun comes up again

johnny_damnit ( ) posted Thu, 05 February 2009 at 10:57 PM · edited Thu, 05 February 2009 at 11:06 PM

I am using Mozilla firefox if that helps? This lag is driving me crazy I hate trying to navigate this website, which make me very sad since I enjoy it so much.  And good luck with that cold.

Jumpstartme2 ( ) posted Fri, 06 February 2009 at 12:32 AM

I have FF 3 and haven't noticed much lag..I do know there was some issues at one time awhile back with Google Analytics..some blocked it I think {iirc} and stopped the lag on the pages. Can't say that is what is happening tho, but might be something to look into and see if it helps.

~Jani

Renderosity Community Admin
---------------------------------------

thefixer ( ) posted Fri, 06 February 2009 at 2:42 AM

IE 7 and yes it's horrendous!!
While browsing the galleries in particular, pages won't load and I have to shut down IE7 and go back in, it then works for a time until it happens all over again!!

Injustice will be avenged.
Cofiwch Dryweryn.

DaveF ( ) posted Thu, 05 March 2009 at 9:48 AM

It takes forever to load up on Firefox 3, Safari 3, SeaMonkey... etc. I seem to recall that I noticed the lag in page loading not too long after Chat was reinstated. I'm not suggesting there is a connection — it was just an observation. I hope it clears up, too.

Regards,

Dave Frohmader (Nagus)

DAZ Studio for Beginners Tutorials

FutureFantasyDesign ( ) posted Thu, 05 March 2009 at 9:58 AM

Yep just this am I had to close out and re-open just to get the page to load and all sorts of redX's were on the main page!

Hugs

Ariana

Is there water in your future or is it being shipped away to be resold to you?
Water, the ultimate weapon...

www.futurefantasydesign.com

LadyElf ( ) posted Sat, 07 March 2009 at 9:32 PM

Yes and it continues today as well.  It's like it's grinding and trying to figure out what page it's supposed to open!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.