Mon, Jul 8, 12:22 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Jun 26 1:13 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: OT Are Your Auto Tyres Safe !!!!?

SndCastie ( ) posted Tue, 10 February 2009 at 7:59 AM · edited Mon, 08 July 2024 at 6:52 AM

Attached Link: http://abcnews.go.com/Video/playerIndex?id=4826897

Don't know if you all watch 20/20 but I never knew this and we should know.

Sandy
An imagination can create wonderful things

SndCastie's Little Haven

dhama ( ) posted Tue, 10 February 2009 at 8:12 AM

Thanks for the link Sandy, Will go check mine.

ThunderStone ( ) posted Tue, 10 February 2009 at 8:29 AM

Thanks, Sandy! That was an eye opening wake-up call!

===========================================================

Poser: Poser 11.3 ...... Units: inches or meters depends on mood
Bryce: Bryce Pro 7.1.074
Image Editing: Corel Paintshop Pro
Renderer: Superfly, Firefly

9/11/2001: Never forget...

Smiles are contagious... Pass it on!

Today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday

TheBryster ( ) posted Tue, 10 February 2009 at 8:45 AM
Forum Moderator

I changed the title of Sndcastie's thread for obvions reasons.
Thanks for posting Sandy!

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader

All the Woes of a World by Jonathan Icknield aka The Bryster

And in my final hours - I would cling rather to the tattooed hand of kindness - than the unblemished hand of hate...

SndCastie ( ) posted Tue, 10 February 2009 at 9:20 AM

Thanks B and you all are welcome we can never know enough about safety

Sandy

SndCastie's Little Haven

Quest ( ) posted Tue, 10 February 2009 at 11:03 AM

Thanks Sandy, very useful information. I do hope that family gets what it has coming to them and that their actions forces this tire issue into law. Unfortunately this is the way things get done in America.

Ang25 ( ) posted Tue, 10 February 2009 at 11:49 AM

Thanks Sandy, I'm going to pass this info on to all my family and friends. I'll be checking my tires also. I bought my car just last March with expensive tires already on it. And two went flat in the past year. So I'm curious to know their dates, plus the dates of the two new tires I purchased. (Ok, I won't be able to find out the dates of the two that went flat, lol, but the dates of the other two originals might give me a clue).
Maybe this will explain why I never had trouble with cheap tires, they probably circulate faster than the expensive ones and are probably newer. Just a theory.

RobertJ ( ) posted Tue, 10 February 2009 at 2:38 PM

Also take in mind when you buy a seccond hand car (like i always do), one carefull owner etc. The car might be a few years old, and perhaps the tires are the same age as the car.

So with my latest car i had to replace the rear tires before even thinking of a serious drive. And i drive a lot so tires usually spend no more than two years beneath my car before being replaced anyway.

Another good thing and i don't know if the have this in the US is a regular safety check demanded by law, my car has to be checked every year on points like tires, steering, brakes, suspension, lights and so on. Failing to let my car being checked before the expire date of this safety check (27th of june this year for me) will result in a heavy fine.

Robert van der Veeke Basugasubasubasu Basugasubakuhaku Gasubakuhakuhaku!! "Better is the enemy of good enough." Dr. Mikoyan of the Mikoyan Gurevich Design Bureau.

SndCastie ( ) posted Tue, 10 February 2009 at 10:43 PM

We don't have that here in Ohio but some state might. Yes please get this out to all your family and friends :)

Sandy

SndCastie's Little Haven

RobertJ ( ) posted Tue, 10 February 2009 at 11:14 PM

Have been thinking about it, its all about tires not getting used much (or not used at all because they haven't being sold yet), those tires tend to get dry. If you have a car without powersteering you would notice that taking a turn requires more effort, you have to pull the steeringwheel a lot harder.

That's a good indicator that something is wrong with the tires and the best thing you can do then is to let them being checked and replaced if needed. In our regular safetycheck (the APK as the call it here in the Netherlands) this is a point they are looking at.

Its either making the maximum distance with those tires (say ±60.000 km) or the tires reaching their maximum lifespan (say ±6 years), whatever comes first.

As for that spokesman for the American Tire-industry, criminal neglect and fraud comes to mind.

Robert van der Veeke Basugasubasubasu Basugasubakuhaku Gasubakuhakuhaku!! "Better is the enemy of good enough." Dr. Mikoyan of the Mikoyan Gurevich Design Bureau.

bikermouse ( ) posted Wed, 11 February 2009 at 7:08 PM

Yes! When working in shops I always checked the date before installing a tire.  The more people who know this the better ! ! And the part about there being no explicit shelf life is b.s. at seven years the tire should be junked nomatter what it looks like. There are also maximum speed and maximum weight ratings to be aware of. 

Good job ! !

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.