Mon, Sep 9, 6:02 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 09 2:22 am)

Subject: OT- password protect zip files??

bnetta ( ) posted Mon, 16 February 2009 at 5:43 PM · edited Sat, 10 August 2024 at 6:20 AM

the title says it all.........lol
i'm looking for info on what to use for password protecting zip files?
thanks
netta

www.oodlesdoodles.com

Victoria_Lee ( ) posted Mon, 16 February 2009 at 5:49 PM

I can encrypt (password protect) my zip files using WinZip if I want to.

Hugz from Phoenix, USA

Victoria

Remember, sometimes the dragon wins. Correction: MOST times.

DarkEdge ( ) posted Mon, 16 February 2009 at 6:01 PM

Try to right click on the file and see if there is anything under properties that might help, look for keywords.

Comitted to excellence through art.

bnetta ( ) posted Mon, 16 February 2009 at 6:08 PM

how do you do it in winzip??

www.oodlesdoodles.com

hborre ( ) posted Mon, 16 February 2009 at 6:14 PM

Winzip and Winrar have their own password protection and it is quite easy to use.  Once set up, all your files and folders will have asterisks associated with them indicating that they are PW protected. The down-side, if you forget the PW there is no way to undo the encryption. 

bnetta ( ) posted Mon, 16 February 2009 at 6:21 PM

i just thought to go check my winrar program for those rare poser downloads i get in free stuff and yep right there you get the option to save as a zip or rar and you can do the password..
so this is great,
thanks
netta

www.oodlesdoodles.com

pakled ( ) posted Tue, 17 February 2009 at 8:03 PM

A lot of Apollo stuff comes that way "allfilesarecopyrightprotected" seems to fix a lot of that.
Which version of Winzip? the program, or Microsoft's version?

I wish I'd said that.. The Staircase Wit

anahl nathrak uth vas betude doth yel dyenvey..;)

markschum ( ) posted Tue, 17 February 2009 at 10:33 PM

The winzip "evaluation" version will do password encrypted files. As another poster said, lose the password and forget recovering those files.   Ask yourself why you want them protected though, sometimes the reason is more a perceived threat than a real need. Antons Apollo downloads are a prime example. Password protect a freely available download ? doesnt make much sense to me . 
Microsoft seems to do a fairly transparent handling of zip files.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.