Mon, Sep 9, 7:07 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 04 4:56 pm)

Subject: Vue Infinite render engine question

papillon68 ( ) posted Sun, 01 March 2009 at 5:50 PM · edited Fri, 30 August 2024 at 1:38 AM

Hi, I've been using Vue since version 3, and I tried also latest Vue 7 PLE. Is a wonderful software, so don't get me wrong, but the render engine, IMO, is still quite "cartoonish".
I have not seen yet a Vue creation that is photorealistic (besides my attempts), so I wonder if you could clarify this a bit more or point me out at resources that show how do achieve it, if possible.
Thanks

visit my blog:  www.alessandromastronardi.com

My Rendo Store

Cherryman ( ) posted Mon, 02 March 2009 at 1:29 AM · edited Mon, 02 March 2009 at 1:29 AM

Cartoonisch?

And where are youre attemps to be seen?

chudo121 ( ) posted Mon, 02 March 2009 at 2:19 AM

I generally do not "argue" peoples points, but seriously...Vue cartoonish ? You gotta be joking.

The most beautiful experience we can have is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion that stands at the cradle of true art and true science...

papillon68 ( ) posted Mon, 02 March 2009 at 2:29 AM

Okeydokey, my bad. If it is not too much trouble, could you describe how you got such result ? Did you accomplish that render just using Global Illumination and highest settings ?

visit my blog:  www.alessandromastronardi.com

My Rendo Store

Cherryman ( ) posted Mon, 02 March 2009 at 3:05 AM

I made that one a while back with i believe Vue6 (Could be 5 but i' m not sure)
I used a HDRI map (This one is delivered with Vue)  and global radiosity . If i remember correctly it was plain " final" quality or maybe Broadcast.

Most people will tell you to use " user settings"  because the default settings are not that good.
Actually it doesn't matter as long as it suits youre result.

Tip:
Make a simple scene, (because of rendertimes) and try different settings, play a little with the quality sliders, do some testrenders.  When you are settisfied apply that to your final scene and see if things improve.

Good luck!

silverblade33 ( ) posted Mon, 02 March 2009 at 5:56 AM

Area lights, light panels and HDRs, or very careful lighitng is the key :)

note most of my work I am trying NOT ot be photo-realsitic, I want a certain artistic style, not realism.

"I'd rather be a Fool who believes in Dragons, Than a King who believes in Nothing!" www.silverblades-suitcase.com
Free tutorials, Vue & Bryce materials, Bryce Skies, models, D&D items, stories.
Tutorials on Poser imports to Vue/Bryce, Postwork, Vue rendering/lighting, etc etc!

lightning2911 ( ) posted Mon, 02 March 2009 at 6:16 AM

also cgi renders often tend to be "overrealistic" imho. you might find lots of tutorials in google etc on how to make a render look more like real life photos if that is what you are after.

i agree with silverblade ... i dont need to copy reality with renderings but actually like it more when it has its own renderstyle.

Rutra ( ) posted Mon, 02 March 2009 at 8:18 AM

I agree with Silverblade and lightning. I think photorealism in CG renders is generally overrated. Many people focus so much on photorealism that "forget" to add an idea, an original concept. Personally, I value much more a non-photorealistic render that has a great concept than a perfect photorealistic render with no concept at all. I think Vue is great at delivering, very easily, fairly realistic renders, so that you can concentrate more on the concept itself. But if you push Vue a bit more (like Cherryman did in his image, congrats!), you can also achieve photorealism.

Cherryman ( ) posted Mon, 02 March 2009 at 8:37 AM

I don't agree al the way..  I have to state that it al end up with personal taste.
Sometimes i want real fotorealism, sometimes i don' t.
And IF i want it, I don't consider it overrated, just my choice. In this case i created a study for my loft, no tricks, just wanted to see how it would look, and then my goal and FUN was to make it as real as possible!

And even if or not someting is photoreal will differ if you ask it different people.

In short: VUE is capable of almost any kind of rendering..  are you? 
(That could be a nice selling slogan ;-)

PS Tnx Artur!  ;-)

chudo121 ( ) posted Mon, 02 March 2009 at 8:55 AM

My feeling...you want photo realism buy a camera (:

The most beautiful experience we can have is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion that stands at the cradle of true art and true science...

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.