Fri, Sep 20, 2:29 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 11:01 pm)

Subject: Saving hair model

DigitalDreamsDS ( ) posted Mon, 09 March 2009 at 10:16 AM · edited Sat, 27 July 2024 at 1:51 AM

I have saved the hair I'm working on in the "hair" category of the libraries. But I'm having a hard time changing the material room settings into mat poses. I change the "mtlCollection" to "figure"
and save as a .pz2 but it is not applying.

I usually use MPE to make all of my mat poses... but it does not want to open my newly saved hair prop....

what am i doing wrong :(

grichter ( ) posted Mon, 09 March 2009 at 10:29 AM

Figure is for figure hair. You said you saved it in the hair category. Try actor $CURRENT or look at another hair prop mat pose. But figure as you have discovered will not work on prop hair.

Gary

"Those who lose themselves in a passion lose less than those who lose their passion"

markschum ( ) posted Mon, 09 March 2009 at 10:31 AM

If the hair is a prop then it must be parented to a figure or at least have a figure in the scene for the mat pose to apply. Try changing the figure line to    actor $CURRENT   and see if that helps.

DigitalDreamsDS ( ) posted Mon, 09 March 2009 at 10:34 AM

I used note pad to look at my hair... and compare to other hairs.... they are not the same...
I want to save my hair either in the 'hair' category or the 'figures' category... it doesn't really matter as long as it works and works properly.
I must be missing something...

ice-boy ( ) posted Mon, 09 March 2009 at 1:14 PM

your hair is basicly a prop. you position it so that it fits the head. and you parent it to the head. after that just save it as hair.

DigitalDreamsDS ( ) posted Tue, 10 March 2009 at 11:52 AM

file_425824.jpg

here are the comparisons between another hair model saved in the "hair" folder.... with mine... mine looks nothing like that as you see.. lol is there editing i have to do? Did I save it right? i need help :(

lululee ( ) posted Tue, 10 March 2009 at 1:49 PM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/mod/forumpro/showthread.php?message_id=3368069&ebot_calc_page#message_3368069

Here is the info ockham gave me. Hope this helps. cheerio  lululee

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.