Thu, Sep 19, 8:46 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser Technical

Welcome to the Poser Technical Forum

Forum Moderators: Staff

Poser Technical F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 17 7:30 pm)

Welcome to the Poser Technical Forum.

Where computer nerds can Pull out their slide rules and not get laughed at. Pocket protectors are not required. ;-)

This is the place you come to ask questions and share new ideas about using the internal file structure of Poser to push the program past it's normal limits.

New users are encouraged to read the FAQ sections here and on the Poser forum before asking questions.

Checkout the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: conforming clothes

dollpartz ( ) posted Fri, 20 April 2001 at 12:36 AM · edited Tue, 17 September 2024 at 9:24 AM

Ok, I know, this will seem 2 b a really stupid question, or beginner question but ah, I'm somewhat confused about the process of creating clothes in a 3d separate prog (I'm using Lightwave and 3d exploration) and bring the stuff in, especially 2 get it 2 conform. As a learning exercise, I made a very simple strap 2 fit around the left thigh (later I wanna do a knee pad). And I imported the strap in 2 poser, named it lThigh, applied std hierarchy and wutever, and saved it as a new figure. Finally I cleared everything, loaded in a girl figure and loaded in the strap, and it fit ok, but as soon as I attempted 2 conform it, it shot off in a weird position and nowhere near conformed 2 nething. I must be missing somethin' ... Thx

dollpartz ( ) posted Fri, 20 April 2001 at 2:51 PM

Do I have 2 edit the CR2 file? I just read somewhere that controls conforming. Edit the CR2 file. Geez I hope not, all the tutorials I found about the CR2 file have been broken link city. Or when importing an object is it better to use a separate hierarchy file instead of trying to use the hierarchy editor. Seems 2 b little info about importing 3d objects and making them conformable. I'm sure there's somethin really important I dont know. :) Thx again! Bye

elgeneralisimo ( ) posted Fri, 20 April 2001 at 3:14 PM

Attached Link: http://www.nerd3d.com/nerd3d.htm

http://www.nerd3d.com/nerd3d.htm Nerd has a good tutorial on creating conforming clothing amongst other things.

dollpartz ( ) posted Sat, 21 April 2001 at 9:48 PM

Hey great, Thx man, thats exactly what I was looking fer.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.