Mon, Sep 9, 5:50 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 09 2:22 am)

Subject: How do I INJ

Bobbie25 ( ) posted Thu, 26 March 2009 at 7:13 AM · edited Thu, 29 August 2024 at 9:53 PM

OK not a inj like for a face or body  dont do them much any more but how do i inj clothing .
Lets  say i have 2 dresses one has no morphs  one  has 50 morphs you  the morphs++ thing how  do i  make that  a inj can that even be done ?

========================================================
Typing Advisory :
Read at your own risk! May cause
dizziness, naseua,drooling, and temporary blindness.
Surgeon General recommends running the txt through a spell checker.

EnglishBob ( ) posted Thu, 26 March 2009 at 12:16 PM

You can only inject morphs into something that has empty channels ready to receive them - some clothing may have them, most do not (in my experience, anyway). There is a way to edit empty channels into a CR2, but I'd have to scratch around to find a reference.

Once you've done that, it's the same procedure as making INJs for a figure. First make your morphs, then INJ-ify them. I'm being deliberately vague here since it isn't something I've done very much of. :) 

Bobbie25 ( ) posted Thu, 26 March 2009 at 12:35 PM

aww ty Bob hugz

========================================================
Typing Advisory :
Read at your own risk! May cause
dizziness, naseua,drooling, and temporary blindness.
Surgeon General recommends running the txt through a spell checker.

lesbentley ( ) posted Thu, 26 March 2009 at 2:50 PM · edited Thu, 26 March 2009 at 2:57 PM

Quote - There is a way to edit empty channels into a CR2, but I'd have to scratch around to find a reference.

For this method you will need a text editor that can replace multiple lines. I use the free EditPad Lite.

Open the cr2 in a text editor. Copy the two lines:

channels
                {

You will find them in any actor (body part), about 10 or so lines down from the beginning of the actor definition block. Open a new text editor window. Paste the two lines into this. Below the two lines construct empty channels, so that you end up with something like this:

channels
                {
                targetGeom Morph-01
                        {
                        hidden 1
                        }
                targetGeom Morph-02
                        {
                        hidden 1
                        }
                targetGeom Morph-03
                        {
                        hidden 1
                        }

Now back in the cr2 file use your editors Search & Replace function to replace every instance of: channels {

With: channels { targetGeom Morph-01 { hidden 1 } targetGeom Morph-02 { hidden 1 } targetGeom Morph-03 { hidden 1 }

This will place three (or however many you created) empty targetGeom (morph) channels in every actor, that you can use to inject morphs into. When editing a cr2, always work on a copy, or have a back up of the original in case you make a mistake that you can't undo.

The line "hidden 1" is not strictly necessary, but if keeps the clutter down by hiding the dial until a morph is injected into the channel. The name I used in the example "Morph-## is also optional you can use any names you like.
As to making the delta injection files themselves. A delta injection is targetGeom channel(s) packaged in a pz2. For more detailed info on delta injection see my the posts "Delta Injection (Part 1)" through "Delta Injection (Part 7)" in the thread "A Compendium of PZ2 Techniques."

As an alternative to the above method of adding channels, users of P6 or above can use PMD files which can create a new targetGeom channel at the same time as loading the deltas, but remember PMD only works in P6 and up, and personally I don't trust PMD as I feel there is too much potential for things to go wrong if you start moving files about. For More info on PMD see the tutorial at Nerd3D.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.