Fri, Sep 20, 2:25 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 11:01 pm)

Subject: Why can't I change the facial expression of a Poser Pro created character in Pos

Michaelab ( ) posted Thu, 26 March 2009 at 2:07 PM · edited Tue, 24 October 2023 at 4:08 PM

Hi,

My coworker and I have different versions of Poser. He has poser pro and I have 6.

Often when I bring his characters into poser 6 I can't change the facial expressions. I
can move everything else and some facial morphs, but not many at all.

Is there any way to correct this and get it so I can adjust their facial morphs?

Thanks.

Michael

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Thu, 26 March 2009 at 2:49 PM

Probably your colleague has Use External Morph Tartgets turned on, and is means every morph is saved in an extra file. Unless you transfer that one as well.. you'll get no morphs.

Best solution is to turn external morph targets OFF. they break more than they help.

FREEBIES! | My Gallery | My Store | My FB | Tumblr |
You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA
  Using Poser since 2002. Currently at Version 11.1 - Win 10.

hborre ( ) posted Thu, 26 March 2009 at 3:23 PM

Actually do both of you have morph packages for your models.  If you do not have the additional content then you will be limited. 

Michaelab ( ) posted Thu, 26 March 2009 at 3:35 PM

Quote -  Probably your colleague has Use External Morph Tartgets turned on, and is means every morph is saved in an extra file.

I'll find out about that but in the meantime, what would that file extension be? Does it create a separate folder? And finally, where would it be located in relation to the saved .pz3 file?

Thanks for the help.

Michael

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Fri, 27 March 2009 at 7:46 AM

It's usually the same place as the PZ3. File extension is .pmd (Poser Morph Data I think) with the same name as the PZ3, too. Thing is, if all you look for is the PZ3, you'll miss this. Also if you do like I frequently do and save everything initially to my desktop and THEN move it to where it needs to reside once the project is done.. chances are you'll leave the .pmd behind :)

PMD's are binary files IIRL. And for some reason they're easily corrupted - which is another good reason th avoid their use except in a few very specific occasions (I use PMD injections for some of my characters, but that's a little different. Not much but still :))

You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA

Michaelab ( ) posted Fri, 27 March 2009 at 10:31 AM

Ok, thanks. I found the pmd file but what do I do with it?
How do I get it to apply to the character I have brought into poser 6?

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Fri, 27 March 2009 at 12:53 PM

Just place it along with the PZ3 and Poser should find it and read the morphs in it :)

You can open the PZ3 in a text editing program (I suggest Notepad++ which is free and able to handle HUGE files with no problems, unlike Notepad which may choke on a fully loaded PZ3) and look for the pmd reference there. That's where Poser EXPECTS it to be.

If you place the file where Poser will find it and resave the thing with Use External Morph Data" UNCHECKED you won't need the PMD anymore. Poser will then embed the morph deltas in the PZ3. This makes for a larger PZ3 (sometimes very very much larger) BUT it ensures that everyone who owns the correct figure will be able to open it and have the morphs working!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.