Thu, Sep 19, 9:24 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 3:46 am)

Subject: M4 animation issue

ninhalo5 ( ) posted Sat, 04 April 2009 at 12:32 PM · edited Mon, 22 July 2024 at 5:44 AM

Hi, can anyone help me with thus issue?
I am doing an animation using M4 and hes going from a standing position to sitting on a chair however when he sits his feet slide across the floor.
more than likely it's because his body needs to be moved in Z to actually be on the chair.
when looking at his parms there are no options for adjusting the translate  values of any limbs to match a certain value. and I can not seem to find a way of locking his feet to the ground.

the only thing i can think of is to actually change the animation around to have him bend down and grab the chair and pull it in  but thats more detail than i would like to get into at the moment.
any thoughts?

thanks

PhilC ( ) posted Sat, 04 April 2009 at 12:44 PM

Have you turned on the IK chains for the legs?

Figure > Use Inverse Kinematics

You'll then find that his feet will tend to stick to the floor plus you'll get the required translation dials.

ninhalo5 ( ) posted Sat, 04 April 2009 at 12:47 PM

never mind I figured out what was wrong I needed to translate the entire body in z  to match the beginning of the pose to the end of the pose I forgot to do that

ninhalo5 ( ) posted Sat, 04 April 2009 at 12:48 PM

Quote - Have you turned on the IK chains for the legs?

Figure > Use Inverse Kinematics

You'll then find that his feet will tend to stick to the floor plus you'll get the required translation dials.

Thanks Phil that may have been another issue. I turned off the ik and you are right turning them back on gave me back my dials

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.