Mon, Oct 21, 9:56 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 17 8:34 am)

Subject: Vue7 wow!

Xpleet ( ) posted Mon, 06 April 2009 at 12:49 AM · edited Mon, 21 October 2024 at 9:37 PM

I was frustrated for quite a while with the fact that my Win XP32 could have up to 3,5 gigabyte of RAM, but only allocate 1,25gb per application, then crashes the one that exces this limit! It was never a Vue related problem. So I've installed Win XP 64 and now my 4gb of ram are working like a charm.

I'm back =P and I've just received Vue7 a couple of days ago! 

Holy molly!

Took one of those godrays presets and modified it to look more detailed and realistic.
Killer clouds now.

Clouds in the first one too sharp with 30% sharpness (from the preset) and changed to 15% sharpness in the second one, which is imo a good rate for most thunderhead formations.

The first one took 10 minutes, the second one around 40. It really does feel surreal as to how fast Vue7 renders these clouds that are so detailed.

If someone asks for it, I'll give this atmosphere out (free of charge) sigh.

Vue7 comes with a good bunch of trees, some of which are really good, like this 200.00 polygon lime tree.

And there's so much creativity and customization possible for just 1 tree model with Vue's vegetation system!

I approve this software lol.

JackieD ( ) posted Mon, 06 April 2009 at 3:26 AM

**Xpleet...your images aren't visible. I'd love to see what you've done with Vue
'cause I'm thinking of upgrading too.

Rutra ( ) posted Mon, 06 April 2009 at 4:27 AM

I see the images perfectly. And those clouds rock! Well done!

vince3 ( ) posted Mon, 06 April 2009 at 4:33 AM

yeah they came out brilliantly,very impressed, great job!!!

Xpleet ( ) posted Mon, 06 April 2009 at 4:37 AM

Thanks and you can download it at my deviantart

http://rocky1990.deviantart.com/art/Vue-7-spectral-II-clouds-118285320

JackieD ( ) posted Mon, 06 April 2009 at 5:17 AM

file_428061.jpg

I can see the tree image now but the other two are squares which say "no hot linking allowed". See attached screenshot.

Xpleet ( ) posted Mon, 06 April 2009 at 5:24 AM

Quote - I can see the tree image now but the other two are squares which say "no hot linking allowed". See attached screenshot.

I see. It appears to be a regional or ISP issue then.

You can see the two pics at the deviantart link i provided.

kenmo ( ) posted Mon, 06 April 2009 at 7:14 AM
Online Now!

XP-64???? That maybe an option over Vista-64... Has anyone compared the two from a Vue or 3D perspective?

Cheers

Ken

Bijan_Studio ( ) posted Mon, 06 April 2009 at 9:37 AM

The clouds looks fantastic.  :)

JackieD ( ) posted Mon, 06 April 2009 at 5:14 PM

Thanks **Xpleet..will check out your cloud piccies. The tree looks great. The increased render times sound worth the upgrade alone..but I'm only on 32 bit . I'm thinking of upgrading now after a discussion on a separate thread about render times with Poser Pro.

silverblade33 ( ) posted Mon, 06 April 2009 at 8:47 PM

Xpleet
welcome ot the dark side, young Jedi! ;)
Good, ain't it? :)

"I'd rather be a Fool who believes in Dragons, Than a King who believes in Nothing!" www.silverblades-suitcase.com
Free tutorials, Vue & Bryce materials, Bryce Skies, models, D&D items, stories.
Tutorials on Poser imports to Vue/Bryce, Postwork, Vue rendering/lighting, etc etc!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.