Thu, Sep 19, 6:46 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 6:38 pm)

Subject: My Poser 7 won't open

EugyptuS ( ) posted Sun, 12 April 2009 at 5:02 PM · edited Thu, 19 September 2024 at 5:45 PM

Hi All,
I hope someone can help me or point me in the right direction for help.
I was running poser as always and had just installed MH Skinblender. Everything worked great, then I saved what I was working on, closed Poser, did a few other things then went to open Poser and....................nothing I get a screen with the help menu for a few seconds then it crashes. I sent the report, which incidentally took about 10 minutes to compile and send, (very odd) restarted my machine and I still get the same thing. So I tried a backup disc of just the program install with no frills on a completely different HD and still nothing .  : (
Who do I contact about this?   I need my Poser!     HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks,
EugyptuS

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Sun, 12 April 2009 at 5:08 PM

So you're saying you can't even run a new install of Poser from another HDD?!

That sounds really weird.

One thing.. just in CASE the shortcut is still pointing at the first, FUBAR'ed version.. try navigating to your Program FilesPoser 7 folder and run the Poser.exe directly (assuming this isn't how you normally start it of course)

I've run Poser off CD's and stuff just for the fun of it.. Never had it not start.

Have you installed ANYTHING (except that MH skinblender - what's that btw?) between last succesful run and the first where it won't start?

Do you by any chance have a System Restore point you could roll back to and see if that helps?

FREEBIES! | My Gallery | My Store | My FB | Tumblr |
You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA
  Using Poser since 2002. Currently at Version 11.1 - Win 10.

EugyptuS ( ) posted Sun, 12 April 2009 at 5:12 PM

Het TG
Got rid of all shortcuts, this is skinblender http://market.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/index.php?ViewProduct=71027&WhatsNew=Y  and restore doesn't help either.
I am freaking out here. Do I try to contact Smith-Micro or who?
Any help is appreciated

Thanks,
EugyptuS

EugyptuS ( ) posted Sun, 12 April 2009 at 5:14 PM

TG,
It won't even let me put my serial number in, I can't even get that far

HELP!!

ockham ( ) posted Sun, 12 April 2009 at 5:38 PM

It's possible that the Skinblender changed something in your registry.
If the product includes the PIL (Python Image Library) setup, it may have
used the registry to change the Python Path, and somehow altered
other things connected with Poser's ability to install. 

I'd go along with Trekkiegrrrl's last suggestion:  Use System Restore
to fall back to a day before you installed this.    System Restore should
fix the registry error.

My python page
My ShareCG freebies

MikeJ ( ) posted Sun, 12 April 2009 at 6:57 PM

If you're using Windows, you might try this, the Windows Installer Cleanup Utility: support.microsoft.com/kb/290301

EugyptuS ( ) posted Sun, 12 April 2009 at 7:26 PM

OK,
finally got a restore point to work, and now it's ok but Skinblender is gone, now is there a way to se-install Skinblender and not have poser go south?

Thanks TG and ockham

ockham ( ) posted Sun, 12 April 2009 at 8:17 PM

Probably not a good idea until you figure out what's wrong.  Send a site mail
to the author and see if he can spot the problem.

My python page
My ShareCG freebies

manihoni ( ) posted Sun, 12 April 2009 at 10:46 PM

Hi, all.
I am a developer of "MH skinBlender".

It's possible that the Skinblender changed something in your registry.
If the product includes the PIL (Python Image Library) setup, it may have
used the registry to change the Python Path, and somehow altered
other things connected with Poser's ability to install. 

SkinBlender is a very simple and general Python script for Poser.
Therefore, change of registry does NOT occur by this.
And, change of the configuration file (Poser.ini) of Poser does NOT occur by this, either.

I guess whether the TEMP file of Poser is damaged.
Please try deletion of a TEMP file of Poser manually,  and start Poser.
When a TEMP file does not exist, Poser generates a new TEMP file automatically.

Regards, ManiHoni

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Mon, 13 April 2009 at 5:17 AM

Very weird. It COULD just be a fluke that it occurred at the same time as SkinBlender was installed. I agree with Manihoni, it doesn't seem probable that it's the product that causes this. Then again it was an obvious place to start.

What I would do is to create a NEW Restore point (just in case... - I like those!) and then reinstall SkinBlender. If everything works this time, it isn't the culprit. If the problem comes back, roll back to your restore point and .. well in that case there is something in the program.

I don't know how picky Poser is, but since I think this is made on a Japanese system, there COULD be a stray character ro klanguage coding or whatever somewhere.

I've heard that there are products that won't work on Japanese or German Poser installs. Since I'm using an English Poser I don't know for sure, but that might be the cause.

FREEBIES! | My Gallery | My Store | My FB | Tumblr |
You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA
  Using Poser since 2002. Currently at Version 11.1 - Win 10.

manihoni ( ) posted Mon, 13 April 2009 at 8:02 AM · edited Mon, 13 April 2009 at 8:03 AM

Thank you for your response, TG :)
I also guess that this trouble probably occurred accidentally by other reasons  when SkinBlender is installed.

I don't know how picky Poser is, but since I think this is made on a Japanese system,
there COULD be a stray character ro klanguage coding or whatever somewhere.

I've heard that there are products that won't work on Japanese or German Poser installs.
Since I'm using an English Poser I don't know for sure, but that might be the cause.

Yes, My development environment is "English  version Poser" and "Japanese version WinXP".
I also experienced that errors occurs by some programs in Japanese version Poser or Japanese version OS.
These most causes are insufficiencies of avoiding processs of "errors of language encode/decode" in these programs.

Of course, I add avoiding processs of "errors of language encode/decode" to SkinBlender.
These process are performed on Python interpreter level without OS.
Therefore, I cannot guess "a possibility that the trouble of OS level will be caused by SkinBlender."

Addition:
One of the causes which a TEMP file damages is a trouble of HDD.
Even if  you do restoration and re-installation of a Win system, unless the trouble of HDD is solved, a new trouble may occur.
First, please check the condition of HDD.

Regards, ManiHoni

force_sensitive ( ) posted Wed, 20 May 2009 at 4:20 AM

Content Advisory! This message contains profanity

This month's best seller sent me over here at rendo.
I have all sorts of problems with  Poser 6.  Problem is unknown.  Poser 6.0 'Default characters' and Daz characters wont render (period) 

That is in english!

manihoni ( ) posted Wed, 20 May 2009 at 5:41 AM

hi, force_sensitive.

Do you have problems of  SkinBlender with Poser 6 ?

SkinBlender is supporting only  "Victoria 4.2" base and "Michael 4" base.
This "Product Requirements"  is written in a product page and Readme and HTML manual of SkinBlender .
And "How to send a report about troubles of SkinBlender" is written in HTML manual.

If you have problems of  SkinBlender, Please read HTML manual first.

Or... If you have problems of other product, Please move other or new  thread.
This thread was built by a user of SkinBlender, and discussing about SkinBlender.

Thank you.

force_sensitive ( ) posted Wed, 20 May 2009 at 8:31 PM

(Dont mean to get away from the topic).
A.)
 Characters look like shiva (multi-armed form). Like three or more are all standing jumbled or smooshed in a line, all one on top of another ..     It's just crashing (as if it tries to load more than one at a time).
Plain scarry loading ..    Wont go forward, beyond that from there

force_sensitive ( ) posted Fri, 22 May 2009 at 5:09 PM

manihoni **you still among the living ???

manihoni ( ) posted Sat, 23 May 2009 at 7:42 AM

Please read HTML manual first,  force_sensitive.

"How to send a report about troubles of SkinBlender" is written in HTML manual.
OK?

force_sensitive ( ) posted Sat, 23 May 2009 at 5:51 PM

"How to send a report about troubles of SkinBlender"

SkinBlender is the problem (Did I mention the arms?)

KarenJ ( ) posted Sun, 24 May 2009 at 6:42 AM

force_sensitive, could you please email store@renderosity.com with the purchase order number for your copy of SkinBlender, and we'll take support from there. Thanks.

"you are terrifying
and strange and beautiful
something not everyone knows how to love." - Warsan Shire

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.