Wed, Sep 18, 6:52 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 6:30 pm)

Subject: Help With Michael 4

White Raven ( ) posted Sat, 30 May 2009 at 4:43 PM · edited Sat, 20 July 2024 at 7:23 AM

I purchased Michael 4 Complete recently but I can't seem to find a "blank" or "turn white" Michael 4 pose. Could someone help me out?

Thanks in advance,
 White Raven

Reisormocap ( ) posted Sat, 30 May 2009 at 5:04 PM

One way to do this is to go into the material room and turn each of the materials white for each surface. Pick your first surface, adjust the diffuse value to white and get rid of any texture maps by deleting the nodes holding the texture map information. Then, select the primary node, right-click and select "apply to all" from the contextual menu that appears.

Then, create a material set for all the body parts. Once you have that done, you'll be able to reapply the white texture to all of M4's body surfaces with a click.

Let me know if you need more step-by-step instructions. I don't have Poser open at the moment, so I'm working from memory.

Posermocap - Motion Capture animations for Poser and Daz3D.

White Raven ( ) posted Sat, 30 May 2009 at 5:11 PM

Hmmm....I just found "blank" versions over at DAZ, but all I really want is a "turn white" version, where I can add textures at whim. I'm having a lot of trouble with adding textures without Michael 4 keeping the original texture on the figure. I'm sure it's just something stupid I'm doing, but I am confused.

Thanks in advance for any help,
 White Raven

White Raven ( ) posted Sat, 30 May 2009 at 5:15 PM

Thanks, Posermocap! I will try that, but I feel very nervous that I'm going to mess something up. I'm still learning about Poser 7, so please be patient with me if I badger you for more help. :)

Thanks again,
 White Raven

hborre ( ) posted Sat, 30 May 2009 at 6:13 PM

Posermocap's recommendation is the correct and simple way to change the entire model's surface texture to one color.  As long as you don't overwrite your original files, you should be pretty safe.

White Raven ( ) posted Sat, 30 May 2009 at 9:29 PM

Thanks, hborre! I've saved to a different file for my tinkering, so here's hoping Poser doesn't eat my work or anything and I should be okay. :)

Thanks again,
 White Raven

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.