Tue, Oct 1, 7:35 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 01 3:49 pm)

Subject: WIP Clouds shader for Poser

cherokee69 ( ) posted Wed, 10 June 2009 at 6:57 AM

How's the clouds coming along?

bagginsbill ( ) posted Wed, 10 June 2009 at 8:16 AM

No improvement, cherokee69. I tried a change in how I sampled, and while it got a little better, it was still full of parallel sampling lines visible near the horizon, i.e. how you'd normally see them.

I'm going to have to come up with a very different virtual geometry. The math is beyond what I can work out in my head. I need to get out pencil and paper and derive the equations I need and it will not be easy. 

Last weekend was my daughter's high school graduation, so I didn't do that, and this week I have a pretty heavy work schedule.

I'll keep you posted. 

Renderosity forum reply notifications are wonky. If I read a follow-up in a thread, but I don't myself reply, then notifications no longer happen AT ALL on that thread. So if I seem to be ignoring a question, that's why. (Updated September 23, 2019)

cherokee69 ( ) posted Wed, 10 June 2009 at 8:28 AM

Quote - No improvement, cherokee69. I tried a change in how I sampled, and while it got a little better, it was still full of parallel sampling lines visible near the horizon, i.e. how you'd normally see them.

I'm going to have to come up with a very different virtual geometry. The math is beyond what I can work out in my head. I need to get out pencil and paper and derive the equations I need and it will not be easy. 

Last weekend was my daughter's high school graduation, so I didn't do that, and this week I have a pretty heavy work schedule.

I'll keep you posted. 

No problem. I know you'll figure it out when you have the time.

mylemonblue ( ) posted Sun, 11 April 2010 at 4:12 AM

:b_stunned:

I almost fell out of my chair reading this. One thing I thought absolutely could not be done in Poser was volumetric clouds of any kind in any way. I've always wanted to be able to do this in Poser. I'd love to have volumetric clouds for ground fog and the kinds of clouds that drift low over the trees in the high mountain forests on cold mornings.

:b_drool:

My brain is just a toy box filled with weird things

JOELGLAINE ( ) posted Sun, 11 April 2010 at 5:29 AM

Months later,BB, any equations worked out, or is this shelved for good? 

I cannot save the world. Only my little piece of it. If we all act together, we can save the world.--Nelson Mandela
An  inconsistent hobgoblin is the fool of little minds
Taking "Just do it" to a whole new level!   

NanetteTredoux ( ) posted Sun, 11 April 2010 at 8:40 AM

This is amazing. I am in awe.

Poser 11 Pro, Windows 10

Auxiliary Apps: Blender 2.79, Vue Complete 2016, Genetica 4 Pro, Gliftex 11 Pro, CorelDraw Suite X6, Comic Life 2, Project Dogwaffle Howler 8, Stitch Witch

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.