Mon, Sep 9, 6:56 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 09 6:38 am)

Subject: Limits not working on IK goal ?

papillon68 ( ) posted Sat, 20 June 2009 at 7:22 PM · edited Thu, 25 July 2024 at 1:07 AM

I created my first project in Poser, and I've set limits for all the body parts. Of course I have checked "use limits" on. It works as it is supposed to, but oddly it doesn't work on the IK goal.

So for example, left foot can rotate at any angle ignoring the limit I have set. Turning off IK make it "respect" the limit.

Bug or necessary evil ? :-)

visit my blog:  www.alessandromastronardi.com

My Rendo Store

lesbentley ( ) posted Sat, 20 June 2009 at 7:53 PM

Quote - Bug or necessary evil ?

Probably neither, but rather a programmer's choice. By the way, although the goal will not respect the "Use Limits" switch, it will respect forced limits. So if you edit a channel to to use "forceLimits 1" (this can also be done via a pose file), then the limits will be respected, even with IK on.

papillon68 ( ) posted Sun, 21 June 2009 at 4:30 AM

Thanks. I edited the .cr2 file, and under the right foot actor, I modified code like this:

actor Rfoot:8
    {
channels
        {
        groups
            {
            }
rotateZ zRotate
            {
            name TwistRFooty
            initValue 0
            hidden 0
            forceLimits 1
            min -5
            max 5

So the right foot should now respect -5 +5 rotation on Z axis. Instead, even with forceLimits on, it still rotates with no constrain.

I have Poser 7.1 Mac.

visit my blog:  www.alessandromastronardi.com

My Rendo Store

lesbentley ( ) posted Sun, 21 June 2009 at 10:07 AM

You are quite right. Sorry for the misinformation. I had noticed that, with limits forced, limits are respected for translations of the feet, and I just assumed that they would also be respected for rotations.

I should realise by now that whenever I assume something about Poser, I will almost certainly be wrong. I just checked, and on my system, P6 under Win2k, limits for the goal actors are respected for translations, whether the limits are forced or just set by the switch in Poser. But, as you say, limits for rotations are not respected. I guess that this does qualify as a bug.

Little_Dragon ( ) posted Mon, 22 June 2009 at 2:41 AM

Point At doesn't respect limits, either.

This has annoyed me for years.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.