Mon, Oct 21, 9:31 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Carrara

Welcome to the Carrara Forum

Forum Coordinators: Kalypso

Carrara F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 21 3:26 am)

Visit the Carrara Gallery here.

Carrara Free Stuff here.

Visit the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: Translate/Transform

MeInOhio ( ) posted Sat, 27 June 2009 at 9:33 PM · edited Fri, 27 September 2024 at 1:21 PM

What is the difference between these two. I see there is a rotate under both. If I want to move an arm let's say, I have to use the rotate settings under transform.

And why does the universal tool let you rotate some parts easily, but other parts will only rotate slowly, A lot of times I just go to the settings and update them there, For example, I rotate the shoulder down and it moves quickly, but the I want to bend the lower arm (can't think of what they call it) and it will only move in slow increments with the universal tool. Sometimes I can use the rotate tool, but that will move it in move than one plane at a time. I'm sure there's a way to restrict it, but I don't know how.

And if I want to bend (rotate) rotate the hand, why does it move the whole arm? Is it because of IK. I thought IK was only enabled by default for the legs, or is that just in Poser. I didn't have any problem posing the legs other than the upper part moved quickly, but I had to use the dials to bend the lower section since the universal tool only rotated (bent) it very slowing.

Thanks

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.