Fri, Oct 4, 12:20 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 04 8:39 am)

Subject: woah, This really illustrates the Min Shading Rate setting

MistyLaraCarrara ( ) posted Tue, 30 June 2009 at 9:56 AM · edited Mon, 29 July 2024 at 8:00 PM

file_433849.jpg

(the old west mercantile. )  check out the cherry jars.   min shading rate 5.0

♥ My Gallery Albums    ♥   My YT   ♥   Party in the CarrarArtists Forum  ♪♪ 10 years of Carrara forum ♥ My FreeStuff

MistyLaraCarrara ( ) posted Tue, 30 June 2009 at 9:59 AM

file_433848.jpg

shading rate 1.05

♥ My Gallery Albums    ♥   My YT   ♥   Party in the CarrarArtists Forum  ♪♪ 10 years of Carrara forum ♥ My FreeStuff

MistyLaraCarrara ( ) posted Tue, 30 June 2009 at 10:05 AM

file_433850.jpg

Is this an adaptive bucket?

TZORG ( ) posted Tue, 30 June 2009 at 10:21 AM

yeah that looks like a bucket to me.

It's not the tool used, it's the tool using it

hborre ( ) posted Tue, 30 June 2009 at 11:04 AM
Online Now!

Yep, those are your buckets.  Noticed you have them set to 16 which will be smaller when rendering.  setting your min. shading rate will improve the resolution quality.  I set mine to 0.2-0.3.  Excellent example.

LaurieA ( ) posted Tue, 30 June 2009 at 1:02 PM · edited Tue, 30 June 2009 at 1:03 PM

Quote - Yep, those are your buckets.  Noticed you have them set to 16 which will be smaller when rendering.  setting your min. shading rate will improve the resolution quality.  I set mine to 0.2-0.3.  Excellent example.

I have my min shading rate set to this as well, but sometimes I make it 0.00 if I want to see every detail on a texture, mainly for checking purposes - seams, that kinda thing ;o).

Laurie

MistyLaraCarrara ( ) posted Tue, 30 June 2009 at 3:33 PM

I'm trying all these adjustments to get my new DAZ stuff to render in Firefly. 

Darn those DAZ sales.  I spent my pub money. 
Does anyone have a virtual beer with a big frothy beer head topping?

The Luxury State Room and the Grand Staircase crash, when the dialog messages get up to the part about rendering Shadow Maps.

Crossing my fingers for the Veranda Cafe and Promenade Deck.

If only Poser and Wings weren't such thirsty work.

nruddock ( ) posted Tue, 30 June 2009 at 4:56 PM

Quote - I have my min shading rate set to this as well, but sometimes I make it 0.00 if I want to see every detail on a texture, mainly for checking purposes - seams, that kinda thing ;o).

The relationship between the global setting and the individual actor values for shading rate, is that the renderer use the higher of the two values.
So setting the global value to 0.0 won't have much affect if you leave the actor values untouched.

To improve the speed for test renders you need to set it higher, say 1.0 or 2.0
For detailed renders you need to make sure you set the individual actor values as well as the global value.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.