Wed, Sep 18, 7:54 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 7:39 am)

Subject: Ironic Ad Placement in 3D Artist # 3

WandW ( ) posted Fri, 03 July 2009 at 4:42 PM · edited Sun, 08 September 2024 at 5:48 AM

I just got 3D Artist, Issue 3, and on the inside back cover there is a Smith Micro Ad, which among other things, advertises Shade 8 Standard for £169.99  However, on the facing page is attached a CD with a free copy of Shade 8.5 Standard! :lol:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Wisdom of bagginsbill:

"Oh - the manual says that? I have never read the manual - this must be why."
“I could buy better software, but then I'd have to be an artist and what's the point of that?"
"The [R'osity Forum Search] 'Default' label should actually say 'Don't Find What I'm Looking For'".
bagginsbill's Free Stuff... https://web.archive.org/web/20201010171535/https://sites.google.com/site/bagginsbill/Home

geep ( ) posted Fri, 03 July 2009 at 4:54 PM

Hmmm ........... a most interesting "x-post" in the magazine, no? :lol:

Remember ... "With Poser, all things are possible, and poseable!"

cheers,

dr geep ... :o]

edited 10/5/2019

IsaoShi ( ) posted Fri, 03 July 2009 at 4:55 PM

I spotted that too! I thought maybe they decided to leave the ad unchanged to "prove" the value of what's on the CD. And then I thought... nah, it's just a left hand / right hand thing!

If anyone who does modelling has tried Shade 8.5 for the first time, I'd be interested to know what you think of it. I'm a modelling beginner (or at least I will be soon, if I can tear myself away from Poser shader nodes!) and I still have to make my choice: Blender or this free version of Shade.

"If I were a shadow, I know I wouldn't like to be half of what I should be."
Mr Otsuka, the old black tomcat in Kafka on the Shore (Haruki Murakami)

infinity10 ( ) posted Fri, 03 July 2009 at 11:49 PM · edited Fri, 03 July 2009 at 11:51 PM

The interface for Blender is a lot more maddening than that for Shade 8.5.

AFAIK, Shade has less ability to get new plug-ins from developers.  Blender plug-in developers can use python to program add-ons.

Eternal Hobbyist

pakled ( ) posted Sun, 05 July 2009 at 3:01 AM

The interface for Blender makes Truespace look easy...;) (older versions, anyways...;)

I'm still holding out for Hexagon 2.2 (3D World)...still hasn't made it to our fair city, at least by last Friday...

I wish I'd said that.. The Staircase Wit

anahl nathrak uth vas betude doth yel dyenvey..;)

Marque ( ) posted Sun, 05 July 2009 at 12:26 PM

Yup just got that one in the mail and had already bought hex from daz so wasn't too excited...heheh

Tyger_purr ( ) posted Tue, 07 July 2009 at 8:03 AM

Quote - The interface for Blender is a lot more maddening than that for Shade 8.5.

AFAIK, Shade has less ability to get new plug-ins from developers.  Blender plug-in developers can use python to program add-ons.

Shade Plug-ins use Python too. The only barrier to getting Shade plug-ins is that the majority of developers are Japanese developing for Japanese users.

My Homepage - Free stuff and Galleries

RobynsVeil ( ) posted Thu, 09 July 2009 at 7:05 AM

It's all what one gets used to. Some people could never get used to Vista (like me). I happen to like Blender's interface, but it's true: take a bit of getting used to. Never could do the right-mouse selection thing - had to change THAT.

Monterey/Mint21.x/Win10 - Blender3.x - PP11.3(cm) - Musescore3.6.2

Wir sind gewohnt, daß die Menschen verhöhnen was sie nicht verstehen
[it is clear that humans have contempt for that which they do not understand] 

Metaphor of Chooks

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.