Thu, Sep 19, 8:22 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 6:38 pm)

Subject: Where to download the Poser 8 manual?

flyerx ( ) posted Tue, 04 August 2009 at 11:02 PM · edited Thu, 05 September 2024 at 6:28 PM

Hello,

I have several questions about Poser 8 before I decide to upgrade. I would like to review its manual for details on the new features but unfortunately I cannot find it in Smith Micro's site. This is rather strange since this would clear many questions for prospective buyers. Does anyone have a link? I tried posting this request in Smith Micro's and Content Paradise forums but I found there were none.

I could try the demo but that is not available yet and being restricted it would not answer some questions I have.

FlyerX

DCArt ( ) posted Tue, 04 August 2009 at 11:26 PM

It won't hurt to ask your questions here, someone might know the answer. 

ratscloset ( ) posted Tue, 04 August 2009 at 11:26 PM

The Manual is not available outside the Program.

Smith Micro offers a 30 Day Money Back Guarantee, so you can run it through its paces with confidence.

For specific questions, just contact Support.

ratscloset
aka John

Darboshanski ( ) posted Tue, 04 August 2009 at 11:28 PM

I know this has nothing to do with the subject but.....Whoaaaa FlyerX I haven't seen you around in...well... a long time!!!

My Facebook Page

Kalypso ( ) posted Wed, 05 August 2009 at 2:23 AM
Site Admin

Truthfully, you're not missing out on anything not having the manual.  You can learn much more here from bagginsbill and stewer :)

AntoniaTiger ( ) posted Wed, 05 August 2009 at 6:57 AM

I only have experience of Poser manuals from P5 onwards, but they're pretty useless. Go read the descriptions of some of the Material nodes.

For instance:

FRACTAL SUM
The Fractal Sum node is a fractal function that returns values between –1 and 1. It has the
following attributes:

Which is a list of the inputs to the node, and nothing at all about just what sort of fractal math is going on.

And a diff file for P5 and P6 could be pretty short.

flyerx ( ) posted Wed, 05 August 2009 at 2:09 PM

Thanks for the replies.  I will wait for the demo or maybe take Smith Micro on their 30-day satisfaction guarantee.  In the meantime I will start a new thread with several questions that I have about this new release.

FlyerX

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.