Sun, Oct 6, 7:10 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Community Center

Welcome to the Community Center Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Community Center F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 28 10:18 am)

Forum news, updates, events, etc. Please sitemail any notices or questions for the staff to the Forum Moderators.

Subject: A Question on Color

CaptainJack1 ( ) posted Mon, 10 August 2009 at 12:48 PM · edited Wed, 21 August 2024 at 9:18 AM

file_436517.png

I was wondering if there is a way that I can change the color of the "new message" icon (the little star that can be gray or... well, whatever that kinda orangey or yellowish color is) in the forums. I looked through what I could find on style sheets here and searched this forum going back a ways, and I can't figure out which (if any) of the css codes refer to this icon.

I'm partly color blind, and the two shades unfortunately look very similar to me. I don't have much trouble with any of the other default colors, but those icons can be a little pesky for me. It's actually most difficult with announcements, because of the thin borders of the icon.

So, if anyone knows how that might be changed and would like to share, I'd sure like to know. If it can't be done, I'd be happy to pop over to the suggestion box and ask there.

Thanks bunches.

😄

Khai-J-Bach ( ) posted Mon, 10 August 2009 at 12:48 PM

don't worry. the colours are about to be made over soon....

nruddock ( ) posted Mon, 10 August 2009 at 2:23 PM

Quote - ... and I can't figure out which (if any) of the css codes refer to this icon.

This is done with two different images not CSS.

You could get control over the background colour of the relevant table cell if the site code was changed to generate a different style class for cells that use each image.

I suspect that that's the best you could hope for as it involves the least modification and only uses CSS, all the other solutions would require additional images and a way for you to pick them.

CaptainJack1 ( ) posted Mon, 10 August 2009 at 2:42 PM

You know, it actually would be kinda cool if a user could upload their own icons to use in the forum. Most users probably wouldn't mess with it, but it would be a fun customization to have.

Especially for a creative place like this. 😄

I s'pose I could look at writing a front end for Internet Explorer that would intercept the pages as they come in and re-direct to a copy of the document I would create that has new pointers for the icons placed in it. Might make the page scripts go belly-up, though, and I wouldn't want to do that.

Ah well... maybe I can fiddle with the contrast on the page, and accomplish something that way.

nruddock ( ) posted Mon, 10 August 2009 at 5:50 PM

Attached Link: http://www.gm4ie.com/

> Quote - I s'pose I could look at writing a front end for Internet Explorer that would intercept the pages as they come in ...

If you must use IE, then there's a version of GreaseMonkey for it (no idea how good it is, never used it) which should allow you to make sufficient changes to the page to more or less alleviate the problem.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.