Thu, Sep 19, 9:26 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 9:20 pm)

Subject: Poser 8 VS Daz Studio

Bill B ( ) posted Tue, 15 September 2009 at 7:57 PM · edited Thu, 19 September 2024 at 8:09 PM

After a very long time of not using Poser I just purchese P8 and am evaluating it compared to Daz Studio 3 witch I am trying for the 1st time.  I have had poser since V2.

So far I really like Daz Studio MUCH better than I ever liked poser.  Im not bashing just giveing my 2 cents. I always hated the Poser UI, posing tool set, and lack of joint limits and deformation. I think Im sold on Daz Studio for Good, good buy Poser! 

I have not upgraded since V5, I am shocked that the new content from 6 7 8 is real crap! OR am i missing somthing.  For example those muscle maped figures. are you kidding me??  

Any input or other options? 

Vestmann ( ) posted Tue, 15 September 2009 at 8:06 PM

I've switched to DS several times over the years and for some reason I always go back to Poser. I really like the cloth dynamics in DS and the UI, especially the material editor, are also better in DS. But I simply haven't been able to get as good renders is DS as in Poser and I really miss the python scripts and IK abilities.  And now that Poser has IDL and faster render speeds I don't think I´ll be switching to DS anytime soon.

Vestmann's Gallery

markschum ( ) posted Tue, 15 September 2009 at 8:15 PM

"lack of joint limits"  - I dont understand that comment , I have had Poser since Poser 5 and there has always been limits on joint movements if you enabled it.

The content with Poser lets you get started with a working Male/Female and kids figures , and several sets of them . Daz Studio, last time I downloaded it had a V3 RR fairy figure. Dunno whats bundled with it now .

Daz studio 3 priced out at nearly $500 when Daz released it, for the bundle , so it should be compared with high end apps like Lightwave but thats just my opinion.  That still does not include the ability to create dynamic clothing unless I missed that.

SSAfam1 ( ) posted Tue, 15 September 2009 at 8:17 PM · edited Tue, 15 September 2009 at 8:19 PM

I downloaded Daz Studio 3 a few days ago and am in love. I may never go back to Poser---to render. Am having a ball!

<-----I just made this avi in Daz!

Question @**Vestmann

We're unable to use python scripts in Daz? I have a copy morphs script that comes in real handy when adjusting clothes to a morphed figure. Please tell me I can use this in Daz...please.****

Vestmann ( ) posted Tue, 15 September 2009 at 8:19 PM

Quote - "lack of joint limits"  - I dont understand that comment , I have had Poser since Poser 5 and there has always been limits on joint movements if you enabled it.

The content with Poser lets you get started with a working Male/Female and kids figures , and several sets of them . Daz Studio, last time I downloaded it had a V3 RR fairy figure. Dunno whats bundled with it now .

Daz studio 3 priced out at nearly $500 when Daz released it, for the bundle , so it should be compared with high end apps like Lightwave but thats just my opinion.  That still does not include the ability to create dynamic clothing unless I missed that.

Daz studio always comes with a limited dynamic cloth but you'll have to buy the plugin to change or set any of the settings for the cloth. Also creating your own dynamic cloth for DS is impossible as of yet as the dynamic cloth is a partly conforming figure.

Vestmann's Gallery

ockham ( ) posted Tue, 15 September 2009 at 8:22 PM

Nope, you can't use Python scripts in Daz.   But there are lots of scripts available
in the Daz language .... most of the "usual" Poser scripts have some equivalent or
parallel in Daz; either a script or an integral tool.

My python page
My ShareCG freebies

SSAfam1 ( ) posted Tue, 15 September 2009 at 8:30 PM

Quote - Nope, you can't use Python scripts in Daz.   But there are lots of scripts available
in the Daz language .... most of the "usual" Poser scripts have some equivalent or

Oh ok. I guess I'll ask around for a Daz script like the copy morphs one by D3D.

Vestmann ( ) posted Tue, 15 September 2009 at 8:32 PM

Quote - Nope, you can't use Python scripts in Daz.   But there are lots of scripts available

That's true. The question is if I´m too old to learn new tricks :)  I mainly render single figures and I must have good skin rendering.  I use VSS in Poser which is extremely easy to use. You can adjust settings for all skin in one handy place.  I've tried the ultimate shader system in Daz and I gave up getting decent results, which is a pity because I would like to use the dynamic cloth system.

Vestmann's Gallery

mackis3D ( ) posted Tue, 15 September 2009 at 8:42 PM · edited Tue, 15 September 2009 at 8:46 PM

Why are the DAZ Studio users always coming into a Poser forum to blast Poser with sentences like "I've had Poser since V2"..."I have not upgraded since Poser 5"..."After a very long time of not using Poser"..."So far I really like Daz Studio MUCH better than I ever liked poser. "
Who cares? It's boring.

SSAfam1 ( ) posted Tue, 15 September 2009 at 8:44 PM · edited Tue, 15 September 2009 at 8:44 PM

file_439477.jpg

> Quote - > Quote - Nope, you can't use Python scripts in Daz.   But there are lots of scripts available > > in the Daz language .... most of the "usual" Poser scripts have some equivalent or > > parallel in Daz; either a script or an integral tool. > > > > That's true. The question is if I´m too old to learn new tricks :)  I mainly render single figures and I must have good skin rendering.  I use VSS in Poser which is extremely easy to use. You can adjust settings for all skin in one handy place.  I've tried the ultimate shader system in Daz and I gave up getting decent results, which is a pity because I would like to use the dynamic cloth system.

I found a skin shader today am absolutely in love with (USMP) by Lakys.

Vestmann ( ) posted Tue, 15 September 2009 at 8:52 PM

Yeah I've seen great skin renders done with DS and I know you can get great results with it, I´m just too lazy at the moment to learn how to do it. Besides, going from Poser to DS is a sidestep. If I´ll change completely to a new app in the future I´ll aim for one of the big boys like Maya, 3DS Max or C4D ;)

Vestmann's Gallery

SSAfam1 ( ) posted Tue, 15 September 2009 at 9:05 PM

Quote - Yeah I've seen great skin renders done with DS and I know you can get great results with it, I´m just too lazy at the moment to learn how to do it. Besides, going from Poser to DS is a sidestep. If I´ll change completely to a new app in the future I´ll aim for one of the big boys like Maya, 3DS Max or C4D ;)

I know how you feel. Was always learning new things about Poser. Started learning Hexagon and am now using/learning Daz.

I feel I'm back in HS cramming for a test. lol

Tashar59 ( ) posted Tue, 15 September 2009 at 9:29 PM

Quote - Why are the DAZ Studio users always coming into a Poser forum to blast Poser with sentences like "I've had Poser since V2"..."I have not upgraded since Poser 5"..."After a very long time of not using Poser"..."So far I really like Daz Studio MUCH better than I ever liked poser. "
Who cares? It's boring.

To justify the high cost to get half the poser tools or tools that are in complete control of the selling company, as in the DS cloth?

stepson ( ) posted Wed, 16 September 2009 at 2:24 AM · edited Wed, 16 September 2009 at 2:29 AM

It's usually people who dont have a clue how to use Poser regardless of how many versions they say they have had. There have been quite a number of supposed Poser users in the Poser forum lately with  a daz agenda.  Hmmm.........

"lack of limits or deformation" Oh yes this guy really knows what he's talking about.  :lol:

Life is hard, but what a ride.

mike1950 ( ) posted Wed, 16 September 2009 at 3:38 AM

To the OP:  Of what value was your post in this Poser forum, other than flaming?  Go back under your bridge troll.

estherau ( ) posted Wed, 16 September 2009 at 4:34 AM

Hey, I like all 3D tools, and I'm interested to hear about it, and I think the OP was trying to ascertain what advantages people see in poser too.
I mainly use poser but I do actually own the latest DAZ studio too.
I like poser better because of python scripts and IK, and because of the open ness of poser files for hacking so users can come up with new goodies really easily. MAT files were invented by poser users not by the makers of poser for example.
Love esther

MY ONLINE COMIC IS NOW LIVE

I aim to update it about once a month.  Oh, and it's free!

infinity10 ( ) posted Wed, 16 September 2009 at 5:03 AM

I get a bit of a headache using the DS3 interface, sorry to have to say it.  I think DS3 is fun for anime-style renders though.

Me, I still feel more comfortable plying the Poser Pro route.  I just knwo how to find stuff and do things more efficiently inside a Poser environment.

Eternal Hobbyist

wolf359 ( ) posted Wed, 16 September 2009 at 5:04 AM

I use both  Poser 6 & DS 2.3 and My Main Render App is Cinema4D R11+ the interposer pro plugin and sometime Vue6 "easel"
as a Character animator I mainly use the FREE Version or DS with the "aniMate" plugin
but I still use poser for its graph editor for final Tweaks
I like having a variety of tools to get the job done
Dont care about any "loyalty" to any particular one

Cheers

CREATED WITH POSER/DS/CINEMA4D

My website

YouTube Channel

stepson ( ) posted Wed, 16 September 2009 at 6:09 AM

I also have DS and do use it. But the OP using statements like
"

I have not upgraded since V5, I am shocked that the new content from 6 7 8 is real crap! OR am i missing somthing.  For example those muscle maped figures. are you kidding me??   "

I have to agree, just another troll.

Dead_Reckoning ( ) posted Wed, 16 September 2009 at 6:31 AM

Quote - I also have DS and do use it. But the OP using statements like
" I have not upgraded since V5, I am shocked that the new content from 6 7 8 is real crap! OR am i missing somthing.  For example those muscle maped figures. are you kidding me??   "

I have to agree, just another troll.

Both sides know by now, or should know that the very dry straw and wood is always there.
All it generally needs is a hot spark or two and the raging fire ignites yet once again.

I still have P5,P6,P7,PP,P8 installed and DS3 (Retail). I have used DS3 about twice. I mainly bought it at the Daz Huge Intro Release price on the off chance that i may actually want to use it some day.After using Poser 8 and the Poser Pro 2010 on the Horizon, I seriously doubt that i will be using DS3 anytime soon. At best, I use DS as a Utility Tool to export some DS Only items to Poser Format for use with Poser.

"That government is best which governs the least, because its people discipline themselves."
Thomas Jefferson

stepson ( ) posted Wed, 16 September 2009 at 6:55 AM

I like DS because I can do quick and dirty with it (things done in a hurry with acceptable results)  Poser I enjoy for its versatility, experimentation, all of which takes time.

But I really want to say this constant bull in this my favorite forums lately, I am quite ready to just dump BOTH DS and Poser and never come back. Maybe something else like Zbrush. I hate to but this is way too old.

I come here to read about Poser, I go to Daz 3D to read about DS.  I think alot of people do.  This place has become a real let down of late, constant bitching, constant recruitment back and forth (most of which is pure lies) And no end in sight. You would think a few problems with the new Poser is the end of civilization or something. And the recruitment trolls are out for the kill. What a nasty place to be.

estherau ( ) posted Wed, 16 September 2009 at 7:22 AM

I think 3D tools are interconnected these days, and it is hard to just stick to only talking poser in the poser forum.  I find discussions interesting.
How else as a poser user would I find out if DAZ studio had some feature that I really find useful.  I don't want to hang out at the DS forums when I mostly use poser.
Love esther

stepson ( ) posted Wed, 16 September 2009 at 7:30 AM

Quote -  I think 3D tools are interconnected these days, and it is hard to just stick to only talking poser in the poser forum.  I find discussions interesting.
How else as a poser user would I find out if DAZ studio had some feature that I really find useful.  I don't want to hang out at the DS forums when I mostly use poser.
Love esther

Yet you do Esther. Quite often.  :)

aeilkema ( ) posted Wed, 16 September 2009 at 7:42 AM

Quote - I have not upgraded since V5, I am shocked that the new content from 6 7 8 is real crap! OR am i missing somthing.  For example those muscle maped figures. are you kidding me??    

Any input or other options? 

No you're not missing anything. They're no good at all. Imagine all the new features we're missing because we pay for this crappy content?

I'm pretty sure P8 will be my last update. I don't like most of the new changes they made to it. They're heading into a direction I don't care about (online renders farms, online libraries, more online focused features) and I don't want to pay for. Let them spent the money on really improving Poser and not adding all kinds of gimmicks. If Poser 8 wouldn't render as fast as it does, I would have returned it. As far as I'm concerned Poser is heading in the wrong direction and new version become less and less exciting. Going from P3 to P4 was wow...... P4 to P5 was very exciting (inspite of all the problems). From P5 to P6 was OK. From P6 to P7 was a waste of money, I can't even remember what was new besides the multiple undo. Poser Pro still puzzles me and going from P7/Poser Pro is worth the rendering speed improvement and IDL is interesting, but still not worth the upgrade price. Poser 8 to Poser 9 will not happen for me, I've lost interest in those unimpressive mediocre new version, hardly offering anything new or worthwhile. If I feel the need for upgrading, it will be to something else, that's worth the hard earned cash.

I'm keeping a close eye on D/S. At least DAZ is adding worthwhile features and D/S is getting better and better and more interesting. D/S isn't up there yet, but if they keep on going in the rate they do go, they will overtake Poser soon. For now, I'm not switching, but use them alongside at times. Poser still is my main tool, but who knows for how long that will be the case. I'm just having a hard time departing it, because I invested a lot of money it it.

Artwork and 3DToons items, create the perfect place for you toon and other figures!

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/index.php?vendor=23722

Due to the childish TOS changes, I'm not allowed to link to my other products outside of Rendo anymore :(

Food for thought.....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYZw0dfLmLk

bantha ( ) posted Wed, 16 September 2009 at 9:50 AM

I use both, Poser and D|S, although not the advanced version. I've invested too much time in learning Poser's lights and materials to switch over, I can write some Python scripts without consulting the manual and I have a working dynamics system, which I can use for every model I want. I like the new render speed and IDL - even if it will show it's full potential most probably after SP1. 

In Studio, I like the much easier workflow in posing a figure, and the setup-tools, especially Morph Loader Pro. But I did not manage to get anything good looking out of it yet - I assume I would have to buy some shaders and light plugins to get things done. At the moment I don't see a reason why I should learn this, though - buying a big application like Cinema and rendering with a render engine like AR3 or VRay sounds more promising. But at the moment I accept what I get from Firefly, until I have money and time to change. 

About the previous Poser upgrades - Poser 6 brought IBL and AO, Poser 7 a big speed improvement in Raytracing - and the ability to use multi-cores. Then there is  the morph brush, which I do use a lot for small fixes and support for HDR textures. The upgrade to P7 was worth every penny, and I'm sure P8 is worth even more. Let's talk about this in half a year, and I'm sure that the Python extensions in P8 will be a much bigger advantage as they seem to be right now. 

A ship in port is safe; but that is not what ships are built for.
Sail out to sea and do new things.
-"Amazing Grace" Hopper

Avatar image of me done by Chidori

DCArt ( ) posted Wed, 16 September 2009 at 10:50 AM

Use both, like both. Each has its strengths, each has its weaknesses. Not going to get into any application wars beyond that, because everyone else will have their own opinion anyway.

The "mine's better" stuff is getting pretty tiresome, to be honest.

Vestmann ( ) posted Wed, 16 September 2009 at 11:00 AM

I think Poser 8 is a major upgrade! It has a new UI that makes you able to actually work and render from the cloth and hair room. It renders much faster, it has IDL and a lot things I haven't even tried yet like dependent master dials and an updated morph brush.  What do people expect from an upgrade? A completely new program?

As for the OP I think it's good to discuss the pros and cons of Poser vs. DS. I try to keep an open mind towards DS and who knows, maybe someday I´ll make a switch.  But the fact that I´m sticking to a buggy first release of P8 instead of working in DS says a lot.

Now, should we discuss Mac vs. PC next? ;)

Vestmann's Gallery

DCArt ( ) posted Wed, 16 September 2009 at 11:08 AM

Mac vs PC ...

Use both, like both.

I am an "on the fence" kinda gal, huh? LOL

stallion ( ) posted Wed, 16 September 2009 at 11:25 AM

While we're going OT 2010 Bowtie Camero or 2010 BlueOval Mustang...

You might as well PAY attention, because you can't afford FREE speech

stepson ( ) posted Wed, 16 September 2009 at 11:26 AM

Quote -  Use both, like both. Each has its strengths, each has its weaknesses. Not going to get into any application wars beyond that, because everyone else will have their own opinion anyway.

Very tiresome, and I tell ya seeing all the bull here just makes me want to delete DS and every piece of Daz related content from my HD and never use any ever again, even though I know its not Daz corporate making these posts. Turns me off completely. Poser users getting in on the act too, but I think in reaction, and this is a Poser forum after all.

Poser and DS are both great apps and both usefull. I would happily go on spending money in both places. The whole thing is becoming sour milk though.

How long befor we have some peace?

Vestmann ( ) posted Wed, 16 September 2009 at 12:12 PM

Quote - While we're going OT 2010 Bowtie Camero or 2010 BlueOval Mustang...

That's easy.  The 2010 Mustang thank you very much!  ;)

Vestmann's Gallery

Fazzel ( ) posted Wed, 16 September 2009 at 1:09 PM

Quote - Why are the DAZ Studio users always coming into a Poser forum to blast Poser with sentences like "I've had Poser since V2"..."I have not upgraded since Poser 5"..."After a very long time of not using Poser"..."So far I really like Daz Studio MUCH better than I ever liked poser. "
Who cares? It's boring.

They must get lonesome in their own DAZ forum, considering there are literally over a million
posts in the Poser forum and less than 14,000 in the DAZ forum.  I guess they just need
someone to talk to.

grichter ( ) posted Wed, 16 September 2009 at 1:28 PM

Decisions, decisions, decisions. 35 minutes till lunch. Should I have a Coke or a Pepsi? :tt2:

Gary

"Those who lose themselves in a passion lose less than those who lose their passion"

DCArt ( ) posted Wed, 16 September 2009 at 1:29 PM

Ah, in the coke vs pepsi battle, I'm not on the fence.

PEPSI!

Vestmann ( ) posted Wed, 16 September 2009 at 1:31 PM

Are you kiddin' me?!  Pepsi is just a watered down version of the real thing!

COKE!!  lol

Vestmann's Gallery

Fazzel ( ) posted Wed, 16 September 2009 at 1:43 PM

I prefer RC Cola myself.

dlfurman ( ) posted Wed, 16 September 2009 at 2:19 PM

Users, users, users.

I love Poser, quirks and all.
What I do like about Daz Studio are the following: The toon render, and from the vid I saw on the Advanced version was the Morph Following, and the thing where you set up different dots and as you move the cursor, you get a type of animation between the poses that the dot represent.
I dont like the paying "extra" for the stuff that is built in Poser.

Besides we all know its '63-65 Split Window Corvette Stingrays, and Canada Dry Ginger Ale, sheesh! :biggrin:

"Few are agreeable in conversation, because each thinks more of what he intends to say than that of what others are saying, and listens no more when he himself has a chance to speak." - Francois de la Rochefoucauld

Intel Core i7 920, 24GB RAM, GeForce GTX 1050 4GB video, 6TB HDD space
Poser 12: Inches (Poser(PC) user since 1 and the floppies/manual to prove it!)

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Wed, 16 September 2009 at 3:30 PM

Quote -  Decisions, decisions, decisions. 35 minutes till lunch. Should I have a Coke or a Pepsi? :tt2:

Do you need to ask? PEPSI of course. Pepsi Max thank you!

FREEBIES! | My Gallery | My Store | My FB | Tumblr |
You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA
  Using Poser since 2002. Currently at Version 11.1 - Win 10.

bantha ( ) posted Thu, 17 September 2009 at 3:04 AM

Coke Zero, actually.

-"Amazing Grace" Hopper

coldrake ( ) posted Thu, 17 September 2009 at 3:14 AM

Fazzel wrote;

Quote - They must get lonesome in their own DAZ forum, considering there are literally over a million posts in the Poser forum and less than 14,000 in the DAZ forum.  I guess they just need someone to talk to.

That's 14018 threads, not posts. If you're going to make a feeble attempt to put DAZ down, please make some effort to get your facts correct. :lol:

Definitely Coke. :biggrin:

Coldrake

prixat ( ) posted Thu, 17 September 2009 at 1:22 PM

Theres a whole lot of fuss being made about IDL in  poser.

This is Indirect Light Transfer in DAZ Studio (Nudity):
http://www.renderosity.com/mod/gallery/index.php?image_id=1549351

Check the date, thats almost two years ago! 🆒

but then consider that the program I use professionally, Cinema 4D, only got bucket rendering last week!!! :blushing:

regards
prixat

FightingWolf ( ) posted Thu, 17 September 2009 at 2:26 PM

Quote -  Use both, like both. Each has its strengths, each has its weaknesses. Not going to get into any application wars beyond that, because everyone else will have their own opinion anyway.

I agree with you 100% on this one. Each has it's strengths and weaknesses.  I'm able to create certain styles of art easier in Poser, and there are other styles that I can create easier with DAZ3D. There's no law saying that a person HAS TO LIKE one more than the other. I've seen wonderful art and animations created with both and I'm happy that DAZ3D stepped up their game and created a better version. That's how it should be. Both Poser and DAZ will benefit from each other getting better. It raises the quality standard of both.

Frederick
Poser By Design

LostinSpaceman ( ) posted Thu, 17 September 2009 at 3:30 PM

Mountain Dew for the Win!

Penguinisto ( ) posted Thu, 17 September 2009 at 4:07 PM · edited Thu, 17 September 2009 at 4:09 PM

Quote -
They must get lonesome in their own DAZ forum, considering there are literally over a million
posts in the Poser forum and less than 14,000 in the DAZ forum. 

Hrm - not counting the Bryce, Hexagon, Carrara, Developer, and other sundry subsections, I count roughly 1.6 million posts in total at "the DAZ Forum" - at least at time of posting of this wee missive.

Dunno how lonely one can get in that crowd...

(...point is: if you're gonna be snarky, maybe it would help to use a better-defined set of parameters from which to do it? ;) ).

Cheers!
/P

bagginsbill ( ) posted Thu, 17 September 2009 at 4:41 PM · edited Thu, 17 September 2009 at 4:42 PM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

file_439559.jpg

The fuss about IDL, for me, is only because I can't/don't have access to other programs, I've tried 3 times to learn to use DS and failed, I wanted IDL, and now I have it, and it matters a lot.

Thanks for the idea - I hadn't tried this type of render in P8 yet. 4 minutes to render in P8 SR1 Beta.

Renderosity forum reply notifications are wonky. If I read a follow-up in a thread, but I don't myself reply, then notifications no longer happen AT ALL on that thread. So if I seem to be ignoring a question, that's why. (Updated September 23, 2019)

prixat ( ) posted Thu, 17 September 2009 at 5:50 PM · edited Thu, 17 September 2009 at 5:54 PM

4 minutes is fast!

I think I used DAZ Studio v1.8, with 4 distant lights, GI, a complex skin shader (SSS, translucency etc), I vaguely recall taking about an hour and a half!

Then with ILT switched on, about a day and a half! :laugh:

regards
prixat

bagginsbill ( ) posted Thu, 17 September 2009 at 6:31 PM

prixat,

Thanks for the info. I was curious how you had your lights set up and how long your render took in DS. Of course, that was an old version, so there's not much to be judged from the info, but it's interesting, nonetheless.

I used only one spotlight, and an IBL. But most of the ambient light is from the backdrop and floor - I used the Poser 8 "Studio" prop.

Of course I have a complex shader on this, too. My VSS skin shader. The texture is GND4.

Renderosity forum reply notifications are wonky. If I read a follow-up in a thread, but I don't myself reply, then notifications no longer happen AT ALL on that thread. So if I seem to be ignoring a question, that's why. (Updated September 23, 2019)

bantha ( ) posted Fri, 18 September 2009 at 12:35 AM

The DOF can increase the rendertime a lot, so the rendertime isn't compareable at all. But 4 minutes for that ( on your dualcore laptop ? ) is a very fast result.

-"Amazing Grace" Hopper

GeneralNutt ( ) posted Fri, 18 September 2009 at 1:47 AM

Poser cause there is no vss and bb shaders for daz.
camero or stang....challenger!
mac vs pc,  PC (PC doesn't mean windows).
and coke vs pepsi , Coke add's life. (I seen it on tv must be true).

bagginsbill ( ) posted Fri, 18 September 2009 at 6:55 AM

file_439597.jpg

> Quote - The DOF can increase the rendertime a lot, so the rendertime isn't compareable at all. But 4 minutes for that ( on your dualcore laptop ? ) is a very fast result.

I did one with DOF, but there's a bug in SR1 Beta that made artifacts, so I didn't post the image. The render time was 5 minutes with DOF!

What the heck, if you'll forgive the artifacts, here is the DOF version.

I posted a bug report on the DOF - I'm sure they'll fix it.

estherau ( ) posted Fri, 18 September 2009 at 7:01 AM

that's pretty quick for DOF.
Looking forward to Sr1
Nice render.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.