Tue, Oct 1, 5:07 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 01 3:49 pm)

Subject: Quick Question - texture loads to Poser 5, but is not seen

pakled ( ) posted Mon, 12 October 2009 at 9:45 PM · edited Tue, 01 October 2024 at 8:42 AM

I know, I know, get a more recent version...;) Cain't afford it, but...

I've noticed that several characters (inj/rem/mats) for Daz V3/M3 and up don't seem to work in Poser 5. The thumbnails are present in the listings, but if you try to use them, Poser can do anything from looking for texture maps (and not find them) to locking Poser (Program not Responding). I unzip the zip files into a temp directory, and copy them straight to Poser's Runtime, so if everyone who created them are doing the right thing, you'd think they'd work.

If I go into the Material room, a full third of what I load has a folder, but no icons, not even 'shrugging guy'.

Was there a big change in texture formats following Poser 5? I don't want to give examples (unless you really want them), because I don't want to rain on anyone's parade...

I've had a few items load with P5 and P6 textures separated out, so it's got me wondering.

Mainly, I just want to figure out how not to fill up Poser (and my database) with things that don't work in Poser 5.

I wish I'd said that.. The Staircase Wit

anahl nathrak uth vas betude doth yel dyenvey..;)

ockham ( ) posted Mon, 12 October 2009 at 10:47 PM · edited Mon, 12 October 2009 at 10:49 PM

Attached Link: Batch converter

If the material files have the MC6 extension, they won't show as icons in P5. And if they are in PZ2 form but use the internal keyword of the MC6, (mtlCollection) they probably won't work either.

If the latter is the case, you could try resaving them as PZ2 files and putting
them in a Pose folder.   The change is easy: just replace each

mtlCollection

with

figure

and change the ext to PZ2.

If you have a whole bunch of files like this, you could use my
batch-converter script .....

http://ockhamsbungalow.com/Python/CR2%20Helpers/MC6%20-%20MT5%20-%20PZ2.zip

My python page
My ShareCG freebies

markschum ( ) posted Mon, 12 October 2009 at 10:52 PM

I went straight from 5 to 7 and I believe some new nodes were added to the material room (I could be wrong though)

Posers search makes testing file references quite difficult , so its worth looking at any long load times to see if its pointing at the right place.

If there is a png or rsr thumbnail in the folder it should display but you may need to edit the file in poser 5 folder that limits thumbs to 100 items.  Thats Libraryprefs.xml in runtime/prefs folder .

<LibraryPreferences curFolder="2"  previewNum="100" >   this line change 100 to 500 and see if your thumbnails appear.

To follow up on inj/rem poses or mat poses would need an example. 

pitklad ( ) posted Tue, 13 October 2009 at 4:14 AM

ockham that links doesn't work :sad:

My FreeStuff

Plutom ( ) posted Tue, 13 October 2009 at 3:28 PM

Are you loading to the correct Materials section?  I have mine this way:  Poser 5/Runtime/libraries/materials/file name/item.  The item consists of two files a .mz5 file and a 91X91 pixel .png. 

All the Material room files that I have (except stock) are created by me WITHIN the materials room.  For example, I have a stock V3 (blend texture very blend).  Then I node up and get the image texture, then doodle a bit with the other channels.  Then I add the mixture to the materials room library via the controls on the right side.  That creates the .mz5 file along with that .png postage stamp. 

What the materials section  does (IMHO) is package your material room channels, nodes, etc, so that you don't have to re create the mess every time you create your figure, gem stone, archway, building etc.  Jan 

pakled ( ) posted Tue, 13 October 2009 at 4:49 PM · edited Tue, 13 October 2009 at 4:56 PM

Attached Link: Ockham's Python

hmm...some go to materials (I suppose). I'm used to looking in Textures, tho. However...I unzip into a directory, so that the correct files and paths should be in the correct directory (providing the creators did their homework...;) If the zip file shows a Runtime folder, I presume (and we know what that means...;) that they're going to where they should.

I'll check the converter, that could be the problem. Thanks.

True, the original URL didn't work, but here's the replacement. Some other interesting stuff there as well.

Dangit! That particular script is '404', as are selected others. Some are there, some not. Anyone seen Ockham, or evey the razor?...;)

I wish I'd said that.. The Staircase Wit

anahl nathrak uth vas betude doth yel dyenvey..;)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.