Fri, Oct 4, 3:38 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 26 4:27 pm)

Subject: V7I->V8I... what are the improvements worth $300?

Gareee ( ) posted Fri, 06 November 2009 at 6:11 PM · edited Tue, 30 July 2024 at 9:45 PM

I can't pull up the comparison page, and even the upgrade page sticks and repeat leaods over and over again.

What are the added features in V8I over V7I? Does it look worth the $300 upgrade rprice?

Way too many people take way too many things way too seriously.

thd777 ( ) posted Fri, 06 November 2009 at 6:23 PM · edited Fri, 06 November 2009 at 6:23 PM

Hi Gareee!

Here are the direct links to the "what's New" pages. They work fine for me. Maybe they'll work for you, too. The comparison works too, but for some reason I can't link it...

New in Vue8

New in Vue 7.5

If those are worth it is of course a personal decision. For me it was pretty easy. The 3D terrain editor and the inclusion of rigging (works great with DAZ Collada export) alone are worth the upgrade. And there are quite a number of additional features that make it a very good upgrade in my book.

Ciao
TD

ShawnDriscoll ( ) posted Sat, 07 November 2009 at 3:12 AM · edited Sat, 07 November 2009 at 3:13 AM

Quote - I can't pull up the comparison page, and even the upgrade page sticks and repeat leaods over and over again.

What are the added features in V8I over V7I? Does it look worth the $300 upgrade rprice?

This entire page didn't come up?  Or the "Compare!" button options at the bottom of the page?
http://www.e-onsoftware.com/products/vue/vue_8_infinite/?page=15

www.youtube.com/user/ShawnDriscollCG

Gareee ( ) posted Sat, 07 November 2009 at 7:24 AM

Hmm.. all the pages work now.. maybe they were swamped yesterday, or there was a web glitch?

I never got an email at all about the new version being available.

Now I need to see whats what, and see if its worth another eon plunge. I know I didn't use V7I near as much as I used to.. posing within the program, and terrain editing DO sound enticing, but I need to look at how much I used Vue, and see if the $300 will entice me to use it more, or if I'm already good with what I have.

Way too many people take way too many things way too seriously.

ShawnDriscoll ( ) posted Sat, 07 November 2009 at 7:05 PM

Quote - I never got an email at all about the new version being available.

Now I need to see whats what, and see if its worth another eon plunge. I know I didn't use V7I near as much as I used to.. posing within the program, and terrain editing DO sound enticing, but I need to look at how much I used Vue, and see if the $300 will entice me to use it more, or if I'm already good with what I have.

E-on emailed me that Vue 8 Infinite was now available for buying after I already bought and installed it.  Their marketing people aren't targeting very well.

$300 is only worth it if you use the program.  But you know that.

www.youtube.com/user/ShawnDriscollCG

Teruchan ( ) posted Sun, 08 November 2009 at 1:18 AM

I don't have it yet, but Terrain sculpting, and water terrains. That's worth enough for me right there.

I will get it as soon as I have dosh for it.

____
The Real Teruchan

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.