Wed, Sep 18, 11:59 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 28 6:28 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: OT - Black Friday

dvlenk6 ( ) posted Fri, 27 November 2009 at 6:11 AM · edited Tue, 16 July 2024 at 6:59 AM

My condolences to any retail workers entering the shark pool today.

I went through it once, and only once. NEVER AGAIN.
I was lucky to get through the day and remain a free man without committing assault & battery on some of the customers.

Friends don't let friends use booleans.

TheBryster ( ) posted Fri, 27 November 2009 at 8:26 AM
Forum Moderator

??

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader

All the Woes of a World by Jonathan Icknield aka The Bryster

And in my final hours - I would cling rather to the tattooed hand of kindness - than the unblemished hand of hate...

bobbystahr ( ) posted Fri, 27 November 2009 at 8:31 AM

a mad sale day in america commemorating some retail event.. ...

Once in a while I look around,
I see a sound
and try to write it down
Sometimes they come out very soft
Tinkling light sound
The Sun comes up again

TheBryster ( ) posted Fri, 27 November 2009 at 8:38 AM
Forum Moderator

Ah! Thanks, Bobby.

And in my final hours - I would cling rather to the tattooed hand of kindness - than the unblemished hand of hate...

SndCastie ( ) posted Fri, 27 November 2009 at 10:41 AM

Yea I had to work through it a couple of times not fun LOL

Sandy
An imagination can create wonderful things

SndCastie's Little Haven

AnnieD ( ) posted Fri, 27 November 2009 at 11:31 AM

Yes...been there...done that too.  I worked retail and management for years.  I'm soooo glad I don't have to do that anymore. 

“For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible.”

[Stuart Chase]

electroglyph ( ) posted Fri, 27 November 2009 at 1:57 PM

Black Friday or the feast of Mammon as I prefer to call it. The Friday after Thanksgiving stores in the US have a big Christmas sale to kick off the holiday shopping season. They would have discounted items and longer holiday hours through Christmas.

They started doorbusters about a decade ago. The electronics stores would offer a complete Gateway or Dell computer system for only $299, but they would only have 4 per store. There are 400 people waiting at the door in the morning for their chance to stampeed to the four systems, hince the term doorbuster.

The local chain Proffits gave away cracker jack boxes. They have 10-20-30% discount cards inside, but one has a 1 carat diamond ring.

Store's opened at 9:00,then 8:00, then7:00...My nephew had to open Gamestop at 4 am today. I think BestBuy opened at 3:00am.

People get killed. I stay away. The things I want will be even cheaper in March when stores have to unload inventory before paying their April taxes.

TheBryster ( ) posted Fri, 27 November 2009 at 2:37 PM
Forum Moderator

:thumbupboth:

pakled ( ) posted Fri, 27 November 2009 at 10:47 PM

sort of like Boxing Day, only without the gloves...;)

I wish I'd said that.. The Staircase Wit

anahl nathrak uth vas betude doth yel dyenvey..;)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.