Mon, Jul 8, 3:54 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Carrara

Welcome to the Carrara Forum

Forum Coordinators: Kalypso

Carrara F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Jul 07 9:32 pm)

Visit the Carrara Gallery here.

Carrara Free Stuff here.

Visit the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: How to Lock Instance Children

drawbridgep ( ) posted Thu, 17 December 2009 at 9:16 AM · edited Thu, 20 June 2024 at 6:15 AM

Hello Carrara buddies.

I have a model that I imported from Wings.  (Don't look at me like that, I like it).   I've added a ton of lights around it and made these lights children to the model instance.  (I also have other imported models that will be children to the parent object)

Which all works very well.   However, if I resize the model, the lights (and other instances) do not move and resize in relation to their original position on the model.

So, my question.  Is there a way to lock instance children with the parent instance? 

thanks
Phil

p.s.  I'm using Carrara 7

---------
Phillip Drawbridge
Website 
Facebook

Patrick_210 ( ) posted Thu, 17 December 2009 at 9:20 AM

Try grouping everything.

drawbridgep ( ) posted Thu, 17 December 2009 at 9:25 AM

Quote - Try grouping everything.

Thanks for the quick reply.  Could you explain how to do that please?

As mentioned, I already have the lights as children to the parent object.  Is there another grouping I'm missing?

---------
Phillip Drawbridge
Website 
Facebook

Patrick_210 ( ) posted Thu, 17 December 2009 at 9:30 AM · edited Thu, 17 December 2009 at 9:35 AM

Select all the objects and under the "edit" menu there's a group command. Of course, resizing lights may affect any falloff settings relative to the distance away from an object.

drawbridgep ( ) posted Thu, 17 December 2009 at 9:32 AM

Perfection!!!  Thanks so much.

---------
Phillip Drawbridge
Website 
Facebook

Sueposer ( ) posted Thu, 17 December 2009 at 9:34 AM

Select each of the items you want to follow the parent and then look under the edit menu. The group command will make all the selected items follow all changes of the parent.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.