Wed, Sep 18, 7:10 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Carrara

Welcome to the Carrara Forum

Forum Coordinators: Kalypso

Carrara F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 07 1:44 am)

Visit the Carrara Gallery here.

Carrara Free Stuff here.

Visit the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: Grid for Carrara

ProPose001 ( ) posted Thu, 07 January 2010 at 9:14 PM · edited Mon, 09 September 2024 at 12:58 PM

Hi Folks

I'm curious about "Grid for Carrara" sold at DAZ.  There is no product info other than the product description.  Does anyone out ther have any experience with this product?  Is it worth the expence?

sparrownightmare ( ) posted Thu, 07 January 2010 at 9:31 PM

It's for setting up a render farm.  If  you have a lot of networked systems that you want to use to render Carrara files, you use this to set it up.  If you don't want to do your rendering on a network render farm, then no, it wouldn't be worth it.  From what I can tell, the major advantage of this over the normal Carrara network rendering is that you don't have to tie up your production box.

bwtr ( ) posted Thu, 07 January 2010 at 9:59 PM

Carrara Pro, at least, comes with a small Render Farm node capability.
It's amongst the list of stuff that has to be downloaded with all the other Carrara stuff.

Brian

bwtr

ProPose001 ( ) posted Thu, 07 January 2010 at 10:58 PM · edited Thu, 07 January 2010 at 11:02 PM

Quote - It's for setting up a render farm.  If  you have a lot of networked systems that you want to use to render Carrara files, you use this to set it up.  If you don't want to do your rendering on a network render farm, then no, it wouldn't be worth it.  From what I can tell, the major advantage of this over the normal Carrara network rendering is that you don't have to tie up your production box.

Can I install Grid on more than one box or do i have to buy another license? Do I need to buy more hardware?

bwtr ( ) posted Fri, 08 January 2010 at 12:06 AM

http://www.daz3d.com/i/shop/itemdetails/?item=4446

A "Farm" is group of separate computers------with this plugin you can use up to  50!-------to which you farm out the rendering work whilst you can still work on your main computer..
-----=
Brian

bwtr

Xerxes0002 ( ) posted Fri, 08 January 2010 at 12:37 AM

How many computers do you want to network, I think you have enough render node licenses that come with Carrara Pro to do 4 or 5 machines, if each was a quad core then you could have up to 20 Cores that way.

ProPose001 ( ) posted Sat, 09 January 2010 at 3:26 PM

Quote - How many computers do you want to network, I think you have enough render node licenses that come with Carrara Pro to do 4 or 5 machines, if each was a quad core then you could have up to 20 Cores that way.

Can I configure these Render Nodes to render in the background while still working in the asembly room, if so, How?

ren_mem ( ) posted Mon, 11 January 2010 at 3:48 AM · edited Mon, 11 January 2010 at 3:49 AM

You use network rendering in the batch queue. So yes you can still work. The licensing on grid was expanded, but I believe it is per thread. Whereas just C can be run on a machine w/ many threads, i.e. 8 cores. That's before using rendering nodes. Cpro comes w/ extra rendering node licenses. So you might not need grid. There are some bugs w/ it I believe, not sure whether they were fixed. It is important to know the licenses are per thread. It was updated I think so maybe it is fixed. They do have a 30 day guarantee. If you have Pro you can put anything in batch queue and still continue working w/ no network rendering.

No need to think outside the box....
    Just make it invisible.

ProPose001 ( ) posted Mon, 11 January 2010 at 10:54 AM

Thanks for the good info

ren_mem ( ) posted Mon, 11 January 2010 at 4:49 PM · edited Mon, 11 January 2010 at 4:50 PM

The wiki can be difficult to locate things, but this user guide is helpful, even to version 6 or earlier.
http://documentation.daz3d.com/carrara/Carrara7_User_Guide.pdf

No need to think outside the box....
    Just make it invisible.

SirTwilight ( ) posted Tue, 12 January 2010 at 4:59 PM

Excellent information!!! =) Thanks! (It is going directly to my treasure chest...)

Draconia Studios

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.