Thu, Sep 19, 3:03 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 2:39 pm)

Subject: Focus Distance Guide,...Jerky in Poser 8?

CuriousGeorge ( ) posted Fri, 08 January 2010 at 10:43 PM · edited Fri, 26 July 2024 at 8:47 PM

Hi! :)

I've started using the focus distance guide in Poser 8 and found it to be extremely "skiddish".  That is to say, when I adjust the focus distance, the guide doesn't update until after I've released the mouse button on the dial - this occurs with both sreed and opengl.

The guide adjustment used to be smooth and realtime feedback was fine as I turned the focus distance dial in Poser 7, now it's really horrible.  I mean, really horrible.

I've found this is due to the complexity of the scene - If I have Kelvin G2 loaded with full textures, the focus distance adjustment is horrible, but if I have a scene with just a simple primitive, then the adjustment is smooth.

Is this issue due to my old graphics card (ATI Radeon X1600)?  I'm running Vista64 with a quadcore intel with 8gb of ram.  Would the problem go away if I upgraded to a more powerful graphics card?

Thanks everyone.

-Curious George

Dizzi ( ) posted Sat, 09 January 2010 at 3:14 AM

It's more than bugged here, too.
But it works well in the Poser Pro 2010 beta,  so I guess it'll be fixed in the next Poser 8 SR. But you should report it anyway. 

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.