Fri, Sep 20, 10:03 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Carrara

Welcome to the Carrara Forum

Forum Coordinators: Kalypso

Carrara F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 07 1:44 am)

Visit the Carrara Gallery here.

Carrara Free Stuff here.

Visit the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: Carrara experts! Help me figure this out...

Darklorddc ( ) posted Tue, 12 January 2010 at 4:07 PM · edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 9:51 PM

Attached Link: A good example of what I'm trying to do

I'm trying to do an image that portrays a dense jungle canopy from above. It would have ancient temples poking out and morning mist. However, I can't seem to find the right settings for the replicator to get that impenetrable jungle canopy look with the trees. Is the replicator even the way to go with this? How should I go about this?

Thanks.

GKDantas ( ) posted Tue, 12 January 2010 at 5:28 PM

Hi DarkLorddc, I did something just to try what you have in mind... you can get the file at this URL:

http://carraralounge.com/index.php?action=mgallery;sa=item;id=412

The key here is to use the Minimum distance between objects in the replicator.

Follow me at euQfiz Digital

Darklorddc ( ) posted Tue, 12 January 2010 at 9:39 PM

that's what I'm looking for. Now how many replications did you use, and what were all your settings, if I may ask?

bwtr ( ) posted Tue, 12 January 2010 at 11:58 PM

file_446345.jpg

If this helps any Brian

bwtr

bwtr ( ) posted Tue, 12 January 2010 at 11:58 PM

file_446346.jpg

And Brian

bwtr

GKDantas ( ) posted Wed, 13 January 2010 at 5:01 AM

I used a lot of replications... but the real used is based in this distance between object, you can put 10000 replications, but Carrara will only put what fit in the space that you have. . In the bottom of the screen in the link you can download the CAR file that I created to take a look at.

Darklorddc ( ) posted Thu, 14 January 2010 at 12:52 PM · edited Thu, 14 January 2010 at 12:52 PM

Attached Link: Forest Moon Colony

Thank you guys. I'm still working on it, because the level of detail I want gets me a memory error, but those were definitely the hints I needed.

This is pretty close to what I was going for.

GKDantas ( ) posted Thu, 14 January 2010 at 1:30 PM

Very good... One idea here to avoid memory errors is to divide the scene in layers:

Background is what is in the... background and no shadow are projected in other objects, so you can render it separeted and add the others layers in front of it.

Foreground is the point of attention in the scene, and can be rendered separeted with alpha.

You can divide in many layers that you think you need and do a post work in PS or others 2D software.

Darklorddc ( ) posted Thu, 14 January 2010 at 1:38 PM

Yeah, the scene I linked to has four separate layers to it. I find it hard to do the terrain as separate layers, however, without it looking broken.

GKDantas ( ) posted Thu, 14 January 2010 at 2:29 PM

I am using FXHome for composit now that is far better.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.