Fri, Oct 4, 12:04 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 04 8:39 am)

Subject: Cloth re-grouping

noxiart ( ) posted Sat, 30 January 2010 at 11:20 PM · edited Sun, 22 September 2024 at 7:14 AM

I usually do my own cloth conversions using ZBrush but hate the boring regrouping you have to do when going from V3 to V4 or vice versa.

So I wonder, can any of the automated cloth converters just do the re-grouping without the actual mesh reshaping ?

RobynsVeil ( ) posted Sat, 30 January 2010 at 11:37 PM

Quote - I usually do my own cloth conversions using ZBrush but hate the boring regrouping you have to do when going from V3 to V4 or vice versa.

So I wonder, can any of the automated cloth converters just do the re-grouping without the actual mesh reshaping ?

I do clothing in Blender and do grouping / conforming in PhilC's Obj2Cr2. It seems to work very consistently. I will be using ZBrush soon - and learning how to put folds and creases into clothing - so I'm keen to hear what others have to say about this.

Indeed, when you convert your cloth in ZBrush, do you change (increase) the mesh any? or are you just re-shaping to fit another figure? WW2 which comes with P8 does that.

Monterey/Mint21.x/Win10 - Blender3.x - PP11.3(cm) - Musescore3.6.2

Wir sind gewohnt, daß die Menschen verhöhnen was sie nicht verstehen
[it is clear that humans have contempt for that which they do not understand] 

Metaphor of Chooks

kyhighlander59 ( ) posted Sat, 30 January 2010 at 11:52 PM · edited Sat, 30 January 2010 at 11:58 PM

Wardrobe Wizard comes with P8? I didn't know that. I saw it in the python box there once but thought it was a place holder as it didn't do anything when I pressed the button.

how many figures does it support, just the P8 figures?

noxiart ( ) posted Sun, 31 January 2010 at 12:06 AM · edited Sun, 31 January 2010 at 12:08 AM

"...or are you just re-shaping to fit another figure? WW2 which comes with P8 does that."

My figures are custom rigged and morphed.
I morph them in ZBrush, then adjust the rigging to match the new shape.
The grouping is still the same as V3/M3, but joint centers and falloff zones are completely different.
So none of the automated conversion tools would be any use anyway.

I wonder how similar Aiko 3 and Aiko 4 are ?
If they are shaped the same, converting clothing from A4 to A3 should just change the grouping, not re-shape the mesh, shouldn't it ?

FrankT ( ) posted Sun, 31 January 2010 at 1:39 PM

A4 is a morph of V4 so no, they aren't very similar at all

My Freebies
Buy stuff on RedBubble

SeanMartin ( ) posted Sun, 31 January 2010 at 5:37 PM

Quote - Wardrobe Wizard comes with P8? I didn't know that. I saw it in the python box there once but thought it was a place holder as it didn't do anything when I pressed the button.

how many figures does it support, just the P8 figures?

I dont know what Phil did with the P8 version, but my WW2.0 supports about fifty. I'd open it up and see what he gave you. I imagine it's more than just the P8s; after all, you have to have something to convert from.

docandraider.com -- the collected cartoons of Doc and Raider

kyhighlander59 ( ) posted Sun, 31 January 2010 at 5:41 PM

I'll drop him a line and ask him. You may be right. Although he may have done it to sell more plug ins.  LOL sounds like something I would do. LOL

KY

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.