Wed, Oct 2, 8:26 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 02 9:25 am)

Subject: Bad file M4 hi res texture

LanceB ( ) posted Tue, 23 February 2010 at 9:01 AM · edited Sat, 10 August 2024 at 8:13 AM

Sometimes when I am using the DAZ M4 his res texture I get a "bad file cannot load" message and M4s skin turns white. This happens when I try to save a scene as a PZ3 or when I am reopening a PZ3 with M4 in it. This does not happen with other skin textures. The only solution that I have found is to reinstall the M4 his res texture. Has anyone had this problem? What's happening? I frequently defrag the hard drive but that doesn't seem to help. I am running P7 with the textures in a P6 library, this does not seem to be a problem for any other skin textures for either M4 or V4.

Lance

cspear ( ) posted Tue, 23 February 2010 at 10:45 AM

In the Library tab of your preferences, is File Search set to Deep? If not, try that.

Have you used any of the Runtime utilities that 'correct' file references, among other things? If so, be aware that since SR3 Poser 7 only likes relative refs, and not absolute.

You might also open up the MAT Pose file (.pz2) that applies the texture in a text editor and see where the file refs are pointing... locate a reference to the texture file. Does the reference begin with a drive letter or " : runtime " ?

If it's anything other than " : runtime " that could be the source of your problem.

Windows 10 x64 Pro - Intel Xeon E5450 @ 3.00GHz (x2)

PoserPro 11 - Units: Metres

Adobe CC 2017

LanceB ( ) posted Wed, 24 February 2010 at 10:12 PM

Thanks for your reply. My file search is set to "deep". I don't know what relative refs vs absolute refs means. I also have no experience with a text editor. However when things are working properly the M4 texture is 10 levels deep when I look up the texture file in the material room. Other textures are only 6 to 8 levels deep. Could it be that the DAZ file system has too many levels and it's harder to find the textures?  As I mentioned before, it doesn't happen all the time, just randomly.
Lance

markschum ( ) posted Wed, 24 February 2010 at 10:33 PM

not found and found but corrupt are different problems.

A relative reference in poser starts at runtime or later in the file parh.
like :runtime:texture:mytexs:robot8:robotexterior.jpg

an absolute address ia a full file path
like"c:/program files/ e frontier/poser 7/runtime/textures/mystuff/myfile.jpg"

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.