Fri, Sep 20, 4:41 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 11:01 pm)

Subject: I need help with P8

woodcarver2 ( ) posted Sat, 27 February 2010 at 9:08 PM · edited Sun, 04 August 2024 at 10:02 PM

Hi all I'm new here and hope some one can help me. I just started using poser 8 got it for christmas and got it installed played around with it and do like it. My problem is I was in the Material room doing some different colors for clothes and what not. but now when I go back to the room my tools are all over the place and I can't figure out how to get the all back to the default setting. there must  be a way to do it . I just can fine it. I tried the restore button but that didnt do anything.  

I have windows 7-64 bit  amd black edition 965 x4 with 8 gig ddr3 on board memory and 9800 nivda video with 1gig of vddr3 menory.

please help if you can

woody2 

kyhighlander59 ( ) posted Sat, 27 February 2010 at 9:14 PM

go to the menu, edit, general preferences, interface tab, launch to factory state. then restart that should put you back.

Vestmann ( ) posted Sat, 27 February 2010 at 10:32 PM

They really should add some workspace features similar to Adobe products.  I keep undocking some panels and sometime there's no way of putting them back where they were.  It would be good to be able to save your workspace layout...

Vestmann's Gallery

carodan ( ) posted Sat, 27 February 2010 at 10:43 PM

When you have your workspace how you want it, you can disable the drag-docking features on all the workspace panels. I keep mine floating so I can rearrange the space as I work.

PoserPro2014(Sr4), Win7 x64, display units set to inches.

www.danielroseartnew.weebly.com

Vestmann ( ) posted Sat, 27 February 2010 at 11:10 PM

The problem is that sometimes P8 gets funky and the only thing to do is to delete your prefs, thereby throwing your workspace layout out the window.

Vestmann's Gallery

carodan ( ) posted Sat, 27 February 2010 at 11:20 PM

Luckily I've never had P8 go funky on me, but I see your point.

raven ( ) posted Sun, 28 February 2010 at 5:49 AM

file_448740.jpg

What if you set up your workspace as you like it and click on a dot in the UI Dots. Then you can click on that to get back your preferred workspace should it change. I have several dots with different layouts ready to go just by clicking the appropriate dot.

geep ( ) posted Sun, 28 February 2010 at 6:03 AM · edited Sun, 28 February 2010 at 6:08 AM

You might want to try this:

First, you need to do this ...

1. [menu] "Edit" >>> "General Preferences..." >>> [click the tab]  "Interface"
    ... >>> click the "Launch to previous state" dot/button to select it

Now .. setup your screen the way you want it arranged (floating windows, etc.) ... and then ...

1. [UI Dots] Click on a "dot" to set the User Interface (UI) configuration.
    (the Dot will change to an orange/gold color to indicate it is active)

Now, when Poser gets "funky" ... just click on the UI Dot that you set ... and ...
Note - "Alt"+"Click" on a Dot to clear or reset it.

Walla !!! :biggrin:

cheers,
dr geep
;=]

P.S. Thanks 4 the graphic raven. 😄
You beat me to it cuz I was too busy editing my text to (hopefully) make sure I had covered all the bases. 😄

Remember ... "With Poser, all things are possible, and poseable!"

cheers,

dr geep ... :o]

edited 10/5/2019

carodan ( ) posted Sun, 28 February 2010 at 8:49 AM

Does the UI dots info get deleted when the prefs file gets deleted? (I don't really know as I've never had to do it, but I've seen a few people here say that deleting the prefs file is the only way to solve certain Poser issues).

geep ( ) posted Sun, 28 February 2010 at 9:10 AM · edited Sun, 28 February 2010 at 9:14 AM

Quote - Does the UI dots info get deleted when the prefs file gets deleted? ...

No ... the UI Dots info does NOT get deleted ... 😄 ... Because the "UI Dots" data are stored in separate files, e.g., "uiDot_(X).xml" where X is the dot position, e.g., 1 through 9.

cheers,
dr geep
;=]

cheers,

edited 10/5/2019

carodan ( ) posted Sun, 28 February 2010 at 9:32 AM

Ah, well, that's the answer then - 'use the dots Luke'.

Vestmann ( ) posted Sun, 28 February 2010 at 2:36 PM

The UI dots!!  I completely forgot about those!!  Thanks for the tip.

Vestmann's Gallery

kyhighlander59 ( ) posted Sun, 28 February 2010 at 2:54 PM

I've never used those dots before. LOL I just set my prefered state and leave it at that. LOL I keep it simple.

geep ( ) posted Sun, 28 February 2010 at 3:15 PM · edited Sun, 28 February 2010 at 3:16 PM

Attached Link: Intro To Poser 8" tutorial (in progress)

file_448762.jpg

> Quote - The UI dots!!  I completely forgot about those!!  Thanks for the tip.

Dots, DOTS? :blink:  Did someone say "Dots?" ... Coming soon to a thread near you.
Stay tuned ... :biggrin:

cheers,
dr geep
;=]

P.S. Don't forget to view Page 2 of the thread, also. 😄

cheers,

edited 10/5/2019

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.