Sun, Oct 6, 10:54 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Challenge Arena

Welcome to the Challenge Arena Forum

Forum Moderators: Deenamic

Challenge Arena F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 05 12:50 pm)

Welcome to the

Challenge Arena

This forum is dedicated to learning, creating and pushing yourself to meet the
challenges that have been posted by other members of Renderosity.

Hope to see you here!

Checkout the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: March 2010 Challenge - INTERACTION!

tresamie ( ) posted Sun, 28 February 2010 at 9:11 PM · edited Sun, 06 October 2024 at 10:33 AM

From ArtPearl:

"Interaction"  This can be interactions between people (good or bad), interaction with or between animals, and even abstract interactions between shapes and lines between colors... I'm sure people will find more variations.

I think this theme will be a great challenge!  This challenge is for everyone, regardless of their creative tools.  Everyone can enter, whether they are using 2D, 3D, fractal, animation or any other software;  whether they are photographers, writers or even musicians.  The challenge arena is open to all.  Come and join in, test your creative tools against all the others!

Let's run this until the last week of March, I will give you a day or so heads up and if anyone needs more time they can let me know.  You may enter an existing work if you like, but we would prefer to see a new work created for this challenge... it IS a challenge after all, lol!  You may enter more than one work, but remember that in the voting, each entry will be judged separately.  Please, please, please put titles on your entries, especially if you have more than one.

Letus see  your inspiration!!!

~Viv

Fractals will always amaze me!

bangonthedrums ( ) posted Mon, 01 March 2010 at 8:56 AM

Attached Link: lily by the window

file_448794.jpg

awesome theme, bound to inspire many interpretations!  guess i'll kick it off for the entrants since the drawing i just completed seems to fit the theme nicely - interaction between light and shadow!  (follow link to see the actual image...)  for those of you who are interested in artistic minutiae, i drew this free-hand in powerpoint - took me much of my free time since last august, lol.  hope you like it - and best of luck to all entrants!

michael

Digital_Mischief ( ) posted Thu, 04 March 2010 at 5:54 PM

Oh, yes! This is beautiful!

Images that run around in my head eventually end up in my gallery.

Dragons like to have fun too!  Dragon Mischief Art

bangonthedrums ( ) posted Thu, 04 March 2010 at 8:20 PM

why, thank you very much! ...you just made my day!  :)

michael

helanker ( ) posted Sat, 06 March 2010 at 11:47 AM

file_449027.jpg

It is so beautiful, Michael.

I dont know if this will do. I mean, there is an interaction between organics and none organics.

bangonthedrums ( ) posted Sat, 06 March 2010 at 11:59 AM

thank you helle!  :)

i think your organic/inorganic interaction does quite well - nice interpretation!

helanker ( ) posted Sat, 06 March 2010 at 1:26 PM

Thank you Michael. :)

helanker ( ) posted Sun, 21 March 2010 at 2:24 PM

file_449919.gif

Can we use an animation here? Isnt this a kind of interaction?

tresamie ( ) posted Sun, 21 March 2010 at 8:54 PM

That's terrific!  Of course animation is allowed, as long as the file size will load here or in the gallery!  What fun :)

~Viv

helanker ( ) posted Mon, 22 March 2010 at 3:16 AM

Thank you Viv, that is why it is so small. I have a bigger version, but it was 400 KB :-)

AnnaXLA1 ( ) posted Wed, 24 March 2010 at 10:40 PM

Attached Link: Black and White

here is what I did for the challange I call it Black and White hope this is ok to submit

helanker ( ) posted Thu, 25 March 2010 at 2:56 AM

She is very lovely, Anna.

Helle

Digital_Mischief ( ) posted Thu, 25 March 2010 at 9:58 AM

Lovely!

Images that run around in my head eventually end up in my gallery.

Dragons like to have fun too!  Dragon Mischief Art

bangonthedrums ( ) posted Thu, 01 April 2010 at 11:12 AM

cool animation, helle - how did you do that? (lol, can you see that it's been awhile since i've peeked in here?)

helanker ( ) posted Thu, 01 April 2010 at 11:43 AM

file_450486.jpg

Thanks Michael. I use Psp9 and Animation shop, which goes with the program. I used only 2 pictures in 2 layers and saved it as a Psp image with both layers available. Opened the Animation Shop and loaded the Psp files and i used these settings, which is th first:

helanker ( ) posted Thu, 01 April 2010 at 11:44 AM · edited Thu, 01 April 2010 at 11:44 AM

file_450487.jpg

and then i used these settings and saved it as an animation.

helanker ( ) posted Thu, 01 April 2010 at 11:46 AM

file_450488.gif

And this is the result:

bangonthedrums ( ) posted Thu, 01 April 2010 at 12:21 PM

pretty neat - thanks for the how-to, helle!  one of these days i might just have to check out some software that was intended to be used to create art, lol, instead of going the cheapskate's route! :)

helanker ( ) posted Thu, 01 April 2010 at 12:38 PM

Well I must say Michael, that what you have used until now, looks pretty awesome and Pro to me.

bangonthedrums ( ) posted Thu, 01 April 2010 at 8:16 PM

awww helle, you are too kind - thank you!  :)

bangonthedrums ( ) posted Thu, 13 May 2010 at 7:31 PM

what happened to all the artists who used to submit such wonderful works to this forum's monthly challenges?  ...perhaps we should offer free cookies for each entry submitted?  there's got to be some way of rekindling the spirit of competition!  :)

maybe if the winning piece/artist were to be featured on the next rr newsletter cover...?

just a thought, viv!

michael

VanDoe ( ) posted Wed, 26 May 2010 at 11:35 AM

Everything seems real quiet. I wantz0r challenge!

tresamie ( ) posted Wed, 26 May 2010 at 8:27 PM

I am thinking that suggestions are needed here!  Does anyone have any?  It feels like most people are more in their comfort zones when they participate in a challenge specific to their preferred software.   This arena is so much fun because it allows so many different types of expressions.  Interest seems to come and go here, and lately even my going to all of the relevant forums and challenging members to come here has not been working.

I will keep my thinking hat on, but if you have any suggestions... or even want to start a challenge thread here with a great idea, please be my guest :D

~Viv

bangonthedrums ( ) posted Thu, 27 May 2010 at 2:06 AM

the idea that jumps to mind is the one i suggested in my last entry - arranging for front-page visibility in the rr newsletter for each month's challenge winner; just a modest announcement, perhaps with link(s) to winner's (or top-3 entrants') works.  people seem to respond well to opportunities to gain a wider viewership of their works...

just a thought...

michael

VanDoe ( ) posted Fri, 28 May 2010 at 10:46 AM

I agree with bang, but that is really a no brainer, cuz any site wants viewers to come back, if you entice the creators to pull in more viewers with a 'humble mention'. I mean, we're not talking an article here, so there really wouldn't be that much 'oh we couldn't possibly do that, it's too much'.

But holds up finger I think tresamie was lookin' fer challenge ideas!

I dunno why, but May makes me haiku-ish, probably some old primary skool flashbacks, similar to coloured tissue paper, a pencil and dipped in glue, see? flower!

My suggestion for the death of May slash June challenge is a haiku with supporting image

VanDoe ( ) posted Fri, 28 May 2010 at 11:16 AM · edited Fri, 28 May 2010 at 11:24 AM

Or since a lot of the gallery ends up portraits, and a challenge is a challege outside the comfort zone and everyone generally has a character they dig...oooOOOoooo, yeah

a fan art challenge

Whether its your fave Lost character
"Kate, you lied to me..." /end nasal

maybe Starbuck as a girl (-heart Katee Sackhoff)

Wolverine in drag (rah hahahahahahah!)
"Dood, you shoulda wore stilletto's..."
'They were bub, do you know how much I weigh?'

or maybe another childhood inversion

What if there was this good wizard Lemagrag (like legolas but different)
and he is constantly terrorized by the Frums, and small race of diminuitive blue...no green funky pixies.

et cetera(cubed)

VanDoe ( ) posted Fri, 28 May 2010 at 11:21 AM

If I were completely unabashed amoral or otherwise bereft of the concern for artistic sensitive albeit metaphorical skin, I'd suggest a 1 page story board/comic. 6 image minimum, 6 word minimum...

Ok, done for now...no wait....thoughtful pose, yeah I'm done

ThunderStone ( ) posted Fri, 28 May 2010 at 2:14 PM

:b_funny: @ VanDoe

===========================================================

Poser: Poser 11.3 ...... Units: inches or meters depends on mood
Bryce: Bryce Pro 7.1.074
Image Editing: Corel Paintshop Pro
Renderer: Superfly, Firefly

9/11/2001: Never forget...

Smiles are contagious... Pass it on!

Today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday

tresamie ( ) posted Fri, 28 May 2010 at 2:49 PM

Actually, I was looking for any ideas that might draw more attention and/or ways to let more members know we even exist. :b_cool:  Thanks for all the interesting ideas so far... I am still open to more!

~Viv

VanDoe ( ) posted Fri, 28 May 2010 at 3:46 PM

Well after more thought on the subject, usually a contest has a prize, now money is really hard for some people to give up, even if it's their site, and such gift certificates, well, don't really count, unless you have to pay vendors, then it costs something, unless of course you also not only own the site but are also a vendor, uh oh.

So, enticements

1. get some popular vendors to front some prize-a-rella (one thing from my store)
    -the artist will obviously use it, which is advertising for that vendor
    -if the vendor is in agreement, that nulls any monetary tax issues on loss of cough virtual product and/or book-keeping

I mean, if every month, there is a monthly freebie, this isn't altruism in its barest sense, it's advertising cuz that page always reads: 'and for more great stuff, check out my store'

1. some kind of web badge/graphic to go on the artist homepage and/or MyFacedotcom, if this is about bragging rights, 'whadya want a medal? Fine, here' BAM!
    -maybe at the end of the year, these can translate into some form of gift certificate-ish thing, or if the winner is a vendor, a lighter house take on 1 item.

2. Bite the bullet and give house money(gift certificate) & honourable mention in the newsletter

bangonthedrums ( ) posted Sat, 29 May 2010 at 8:15 AM

thought i'd sneak in a quick dumb question:  is the 'interaction' challenge still active? ...dead?  ...been decided and i missed it?

ok, so i had 3 dumb questions, lol...

tresamie ( ) posted Sat, 12 June 2010 at 12:12 AM · edited Sat, 12 June 2010 at 12:12 AM

I know this challenge has not gone well, but let's vote on it and move on!  Maybe we can really come up with a great theme for the next one.  The voting will be in this thread, after this entry.  You get to choose your 3 favorite entries, giving each of them 3, 2 or 1 points.  Remember, you are choosing an entry, not an artist.  If someone has posted more than one entry, you need to indicate which is your choice.  

Your vote should look something like this:

Inter - "Action" - 3 points

Name - "Title" - 2 points

come-to - "Gether" - 1 point

Feel free to nominate Honorable Mentions or make comments.

~Viv  

bangonthedrums ( ) posted Mon, 28 June 2010 at 6:45 AM

well, viv, you may have to decide the winner, looks like... i've poked my head in almost daily to see if anyone's voted yet, and am disinclined to vote if the answer continues to be 'no,' on the grounds that i wouldn't want to turn out to be the one who unilaterally determines the challenge winner.  you on the other hand, as moderator, would be a logical choice if any one person is to make that determination... what do you think about that idea?

michael

ThunderStone ( ) posted Thu, 12 August 2010 at 6:12 PM

Hi! What's the score??? and where's the mod?

tresamie ( ) posted Thu, 12 August 2010 at 9:04 PM

I will be setting up a new challenge next week.   Glad to see you back in circulation Thunderstone!

~Viv

bangonthedrums ( ) posted Thu, 12 August 2010 at 9:15 PM

so i guess the challenge i and others entered is officially dead?  :(

tresamie ( ) posted Fri, 13 August 2010 at 9:35 AM

I honestly felt you were all winners, even tho the participation was minimal.  I hope you will be pleased with the new challenge I will be setting up.

~Viv

ladydreya ( ) posted Tue, 10 May 2011 at 5:00 PM · edited Tue, 10 May 2011 at 5:02 PM

file_468664.jpg

This is what I think of when I think of interactions. :) Maby a bit late but hey at least you all can see it.

And to answer the question as how to make these chalanges better give Renderosity gift certificates or have them posted on one of the emails that goes out. I know I would LOVE to be in one!

Tracybee ( ) posted Wed, 14 September 2011 at 8:53 PM

Is this Forum still active?

Waiting for next challenge with baited breath :)

Actually found this Forum by chance and maybe a "note" in other Forums may lead folk to this Forum ?

It seems like such a good idea to have this one. Most folk like a Challenge.

Goodluck !

ThunderStone ( ) posted Thu, 15 September 2011 at 6:56 AM

@Tracybee

No, it stopped being active last year March... Since then I've been doing the challenges in the Bryce forum. Might do the Poser one if I get really bored and RL is not happening... :lol:

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.