Wed, Oct 2, 10:24 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 02 9:25 am)

Subject: is there a python script to set force limits

Tyger_purr ( ) posted Tue, 02 March 2010 at 10:10 PM · edited Mon, 30 September 2024 at 10:57 PM

is there a python script to set  force limits?

I have one that does visibility, but i need one that can set the force limits parameter on selected dials.

My Homepage - Free stuff and Galleries

ockham ( ) posted Wed, 03 March 2010 at 12:41 PM

No, there isn't a way to set ForceLimits inside Poser.  I don't know why; it's
obviously a parameter like most others; but it's not there in Python.

You'll just have to edit the CR2.  Find the parameters you want and edit
forceLimits 0
to
forceLimits 1

My python page
My ShareCG freebies

Tyger_purr ( ) posted Wed, 03 March 2010 at 12:42 PM

well that sucks.

Letterworks ( ) posted Wed, 03 March 2010 at 1:01 PM · edited Wed, 03 March 2010 at 1:05 PM

use a pose file for the figure to set the force limits. That way you can not only toggle the forcelimits on but also SET the limits... You would need to set this on each group that you want the limits to apply to.

Tyger_purr ( ) posted Wed, 03 March 2010 at 2:10 PM

Quote - use a pose file for the figure to set the force limits. That way you can not only toggle the forcelimits on but also SET the limits... You would need to set this on each group that you want the limits to apply to.

That solution does not fit my needs.

I am developing products and setting limits and hiding dials as needed. I was hoping to set ForceLimits on the dials while i was preparing the product before i have even saved it to a CR2.

Letterworks ( ) posted Wed, 03 March 2010 at 4:45 PM

ah, sorry  I couldn;t be of more help.

markschum ( ) posted Thu, 04 March 2010 at 11:21 PM

thew uselimits menu item sets limits on for all parameters, and I think saves with the figure. 

Khai-J-Bach ( ) posted Thu, 04 March 2010 at 11:26 PM

Quote - > Quote - use a pose file for the figure to set the force limits. That way you can not only toggle the forcelimits on but also SET the limits... You would need to set this on each group that you want the limits to apply to.

That solution does not fit my needs.

I am developing products and setting limits and hiding dials as needed. I was hoping to set ForceLimits on the dials while i was preparing the product before i have even saved it to a CR2.

set the dials Min / Max. then the user has to turn on the Use Limits for the scene. with the dials set to the Min/Max on their rotation, they can then go no further.

Tyger_purr ( ) posted Fri, 05 March 2010 at 8:31 AM

the Use Limits in the pull down menu will not save into the figure, it only applies to that scene.

Setting the Use Limits in the scene forces all figures dials back to their limits. This could cause poses to change.

That is not such a good options when all i want is a door that stops when all the way open or closed.

markschum ( ) posted Fri, 05 March 2010 at 3:17 PM

You will have to set it in the cr2 .

Tyger_purr ( ) posted Fri, 05 March 2010 at 3:42 PM · edited Fri, 05 March 2010 at 3:43 PM

semidieu at RuntimeDNA has created a python script that does it.

we are testing and refining it.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.