Mon, Oct 21, 10:26 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 21 9:06 pm)

Subject: Poser 8 and P3dO

wrpspeed ( ) posted Thu, 18 March 2010 at 6:25 PM · edited Sat, 27 July 2024 at 8:47 AM

Hello, I have used Poser 6 with P3dO and no problem. When I use it with Poser 8
the parameter controls lock and can not adjust them. I downloaded the most
recent PRP for Poser 8 and it still does it. I like P3dO as I have terrible
eyesite and it makes it easier for me to see than the P8 library.  I was
wondering if anyone has run into this or have any ideas. Thank you,
PS: I have the latest updates for Poser 8 too,

NoelCan ( ) posted Thu, 18 March 2010 at 7:39 PM

Has there been an update for P3d0    ?

wrpspeed ( ) posted Thu, 18 March 2010 at 8:43 PM

i am using ver 2.2.5 (the free one) for P3dO.
when i close the PoserPythonPrpc, the parameter
controls begin working again

yarp ( ) posted Thu, 18 March 2010 at 11:58 PM · edited Thu, 18 March 2010 at 11:59 PM

Hi wrpspeed, I am Yarp the auhtor of P3dO.
With Poser 8 (and all other Poser too) you should not use Prpc anymore. Instead P3dO is using direct open mode.
That is you do not open Prpc in Poser but when you double-click a Poser file in P3dO it opens in Poser.
In order to use P3dO like this you have to look at PoserPython options in P3dO Options dialog, Plugins tab:

CHECK   Double-click Open in Poser
UNCHECK Use with Poser Remote Procedure call

Appart from this P3dO is constantly updated. There has been 3 updates since 2.2.5 but I uploaded none at Renderosity because it takes time to upload, write articles for the upload, prepare pictures. I am alone, it's way too much work for me, so I upload only once every 3/6 months here.
But those who want to get informed of updates may activate the Automatic updates notifier in Options dialog, P3dO Online tab.

Then If you have viewing problems there's a terrific option for you in P3dO 2.2.8 that will stretch Poser thumbnails to larger dimension.
The free version of 2.2.8 is not available yet but you may use the unregistered 2.2.8 with no penalty (you'll just see some grayed features that are otherwise hidden in the free version).

btw P3dO will celebrate 10th anniversary next month

Yarp
www.senosoft.com

Yarp - author of P3DO Organizer for Poser

wrpspeed ( ) posted Fri, 19 March 2010 at 12:44 AM

Yarp, Thankyou for you reply. That did the trick. Back to working
fine now. Terry

yarp ( ) posted Fri, 19 March 2010 at 1:01 AM

Hi Terry,  Good.
Thanks for using P3dO.

Jules53757 ( ) posted Fri, 19 March 2010 at 2:34 AM

Just a chance to say THANKS to yarp. I`m using P3dO now for years and the new feature without PrPcD works fantastic so my Poser has the Library switched off by default and I only need reason I switch it on is to add a new external lib or for saving some things.

Ulli

"Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience!"

yarp ( ) posted Fri, 19 March 2010 at 2:59 AM

Hi Jules53757,
Thanks, your support to P3dO is really appreciated.

I've been thinking for long in adding the ability to add Runtimes directly from P3dO but it is not a priority - I don't know if Poser will take it into account on the fly.

On the contrary you may already save items from P3dO. There is a Save command in File menu. The new version of PoserPython (2.3) renamed that command to "Add to Poser Library" and also added that button as a command on the InDepth panel toolbar for easier access.
On PoserPython 2.2.8 and 2.2.9 that command is unfortunately bugged (PoserPython 2.3 is available on my website with the Poser plugins pack for P3dO pro - I don't recall if P3dO 2.2.5 will show the new button on the InDepth panel but I think it will). Anyway P3dO 2.3 will be available soon.

Compared to Poser the great advantage of using P3dO to save items is that you may quickly save to another directory. The feature is yet to be improved for even greater flexibility in selecting the directory.

Yarp

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.