Mon, Oct 7, 6:28 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 28 6:28 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: OT: Nice Wallpapers.

Analog-X64 ( ) posted Fri, 19 March 2010 at 11:42 AM · edited Fri, 26 July 2024 at 7:55 AM
Rayraz ( ) posted Fri, 19 March 2010 at 12:05 PM

damn... that is seriously nice stuff!

(_/)
(='.'=)
(")
(")This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

tom271 ( ) posted Fri, 19 March 2010 at 12:27 PM

I decided to use one as a background image......

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AnnieD ( ) posted Fri, 19 March 2010 at 2:03 PM

Wow..impressive!

“For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible.”

[Stuart Chase]

Quest ( ) posted Fri, 19 March 2010 at 10:43 PM

Beautiful stuff Analog, thanks!

pakled ( ) posted Fri, 19 March 2010 at 11:23 PM

dang, I may actually have to install this...;)

I wish I'd said that.. The Staircase Wit

anahl nathrak uth vas betude doth yel dyenvey..;)

peedy ( ) posted Sat, 20 March 2010 at 1:18 AM

Yep, it's Apo, alright.
Most of them have been posted here already.

Corrie

TheBryster ( ) posted Sat, 20 March 2010 at 7:43 AM
Forum Moderator

They are simply outstanding.

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader

All the Woes of a World by Jonathan Icknield aka The Bryster

And in my final hours - I would cling rather to the tattooed hand of kindness - than the unblemished hand of hate...

Analog-X64 ( ) posted Sat, 20 March 2010 at 6:08 PM

Out of curiosity I got the software from sourceforge and its not for me, looking at people using scripts and such, looks like  you need to be a math wiz or something.

Quest ( ) posted Sat, 20 March 2010 at 6:43 PM

LOL…the fractal eggheads compile the code and offer them up for grabs. Once you download them into your scripts directory you can call them up to run them. What many script n00bs do is start tinkering with the numbers in the code to see how each affects the flame. After a while you begin to develop an understanding of the formulas and how to use them in combinations with others and develop your own script. There is a script manual floating out there somewhere for those who want to dabble. But scripting is not necessary since you can continue pressing ctrl+B to churn out new flames until you see something you like. When you do you can then mutate the flame , edit its attractors, change its color gradient and so on. After you’ve developed your masterpiece you can then render it out as an overlay where the entire background color is missing and you only have the flame. You can then bring it to an image editor and go to town on it…lots of fun really.

Rayraz ( ) posted Sun, 21 March 2010 at 2:40 PM

damn i wanna try it but i wont have time for a while :(

(_/)
(='.'=)
(")
(")This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

skiwillgee ( ) posted Mon, 22 March 2010 at 6:37 PM

Attached Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8tADR0AJH2s&feature=related

The version is now up to 2.09 and can be found at Apophysis.org.

Download the .exe file only unless you want to fiddle with open source code stuff.  The link is a great series of videos to get started or you can do as most folks, just fiddle with the controls.  The nice thing is most time awesome flames are stumbled upon by accident anyway.

The 3d hack is found under the "experimental" files. 

But beware it can be habit forming and if you start zooming in on parts of the fractal and then render to disk at better qualities, expect render times that make Bryce look like a ball of lightning.

peedy ( ) posted Tue, 23 March 2010 at 12:55 AM

Cool!
Thanks for the link!

Corrie

Ardiva ( ) posted Tue, 23 March 2010 at 5:49 AM

I dabbled in Apo for a bit a few years ago, but could never come to this exquisite stage with wallpapers. I am totally impressed!  Thanks for the link, Analog.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.