Mon, Sep 9, 8:36 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 09 6:38 am)

Subject: Dynamic Elastic?

shedofjoy ( ) posted Thu, 25 March 2010 at 8:58 AM · edited Tue, 23 July 2024 at 12:15 AM

Is there a way to create Dynamic Elastic?
To explain what it is i wish to achieve im adding the link to an item of clothing.
If i convert this to Dynamic clothing then have the figure bend forward then stand back up straight again the clothing should tighten as the figure bends forwards then stretch back when straightening back up... the problem im having is that when the figure bends forward the clothing sags, so i need am elastic solution, does anyone know how to do this????

Getting old and still making "art" without soiling myself, now that's success.

shedofjoy ( ) posted Thu, 25 March 2010 at 8:59 AM · edited Thu, 25 March 2010 at 9:00 AM

Attached Link: OULALA clothing

sorry forgot the link so here it is,lol

LaurieA ( ) posted Thu, 25 March 2010 at 10:10 AM

Add the parts you want to snap back to the constrained group? That's the only thing I can think of.

Laurie

nruddock ( ) posted Thu, 25 March 2010 at 4:06 PM

Poser cloth always begins a simulation "at rest".
If you want a piece of cloth to shrink, you have to start small then stretch it for it to behave as you want it to.
This is merely tricky for something that meant to be completely made out of (say) Lycra, but is going to be much more difficult to do for only some parts of the same clothing item.

alexnb ( ) posted Thu, 25 March 2010 at 6:38 PM

Quote - Poser cloth always begins a simulation "at rest".
If you want a piece of cloth to shrink, you have to start small then stretch it for it to behave as you want it to.

I just got Poser 7 for my birthday. I only had Poser 4 before that, and I am completely new to Dynamic Cloth. And I think I want to do something similar to what shedofjoy wants to do. So my question is, how do you start small and then stretch a piece of Dynamic Cloth?

alexnb ( ) posted Thu, 25 March 2010 at 7:11 PM

nvm, i figured out how to do it myself.

RobynsVeil ( ) posted Thu, 25 March 2010 at 9:27 PM

Quote - nvm, i figured out how to do it myself.

Willing to share your secret?

Monterey/Mint21.x/Win10 - Blender3.x - PP11.3(cm) - Musescore3.6.2

Wir sind gewohnt, daß die Menschen verhöhnen was sie nicht verstehen
[it is clear that humans have contempt for that which they do not understand] 

Metaphor of Chooks

EnglishBob ( ) posted Fri, 26 March 2010 at 10:01 AM

I usually scale the figure down at frame 1, and return it to the correct scale at the end of the simulation. Scale the clothing to just fit on the scaled-down figure, but don't scale it up at the end; and DON'T parent it to the figure because that will have the same effect. You can vary the amount of scaling to get differing degree of tightness.

Hardly a secret, but it doesn't help shedofjoy much. I would probably start by making a full dynamic simulation with the stretching as outlined above. I imagine that the suit would slip off at some point, so apply double sided tape, sorry I mean constrained vertices to hold it in place. But only use the minimum that you need. This may require some experimentation.

shedofjoy ( ) posted Sat, 27 March 2010 at 4:00 AM

I agree, scaling the figure wouldn't work due to the figure changing positions (bending forward then standing straight)during the animation cycle, a agree that some of the vertices would have to be constrained otherwise you would get movement. Perhaps i should put in a request with the powers that be for an Elastic simulation in the cloth room in the next update....

alexnb ( ) posted Sat, 27 March 2010 at 1:46 PM

what i really wanted was to apply clothing to a figure with morphs applied to it. and since the clothing didn't have morph targets in the database, i needed to make it dynamic so that it would conform to the new dimensions of the figure i was applying it to. pretty much what i did is that i decreased the size of the clothing prop so that it was (almost) completely inside the figure. i had all of the figure's morphs set to 0 at the start frame and the morphs applied at the end frame. after that i did all of the clothifying and simulating and whatnot. it seemed to work for the panties that came with AnimeDoll Kit. i'm currently trying it out with a top now.

alexnb ( ) posted Sat, 27 March 2010 at 8:59 PM

if there's an easier method, could someone tell me? cuz i'm a total n00b with Dynamic Cloth.

shedofjoy ( ) posted Sun, 28 March 2010 at 12:35 PM

Attached Link: http://market.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/index.php?ViewProduct=64629&vendor=Dimension3D

if you are just trying to get morphs of a custom figure onto a conforming item of clothing without making it dynamic try Morphing clothing by dimension3d, its very good, i use it all the time as i never use stock figures or morphs...

alexnb ( ) posted Mon, 29 March 2010 at 6:07 PM

that looks like a very useful tool. i might have to look into that. thx for the link shedofjoy.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.