Thu, Sep 19, 10:39 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 9:52 pm)

Subject: Do you have questions about software security and Curious Labs?

DraX ( ) posted Thu, 26 April 2001 at 12:19 AM

Seems to me that Curious Lans has no intentions of answering any more of our questions anyway. I've asked several legitimate questions to Steve privately and gotten no response. I think we should quit asking at this point... all we've done is piss them off by informing them how much we hate the idea. But Sharkey's right. They will do it anyway. And will liekly destroy this community because of it. Why? Because the community has already expressed that they (we) will pretty much reject this treatment, CL may go under as a result of the customers they use... and Bye-bye Poser... I better brush up on my 3DStudio MAX, as it may be my only source soon of creating 3d figures...... Unfortunate though it may be, this seems to be the case. We can only hope that the community manages to live on despite this... On another note... the post at the CL website says, "Then suddenly, the switch turned off" Did they ever stop to think that maybe this "switch turned off" because the community found out how many bugs were in PPP and perhaps many of us decided we weren't going to ugrade so long as our old characters were useless? I think maybe so.

MikeJ ( ) posted Sat, 28 April 2001 at 6:22 AM

You're damned if you do; You're damned if you don't.

PAF2000 ( ) posted Sat, 28 April 2001 at 9:42 AM

I think DraX has it correctly there. I WANT PPP but willn't buy it until it all work properly as was promise. Cannot export to MAX propilly, cannot use existing CR2 - why I should want that? When it worked as promise, then I buy it. But now is this copy protection. Needs me to make connection with CL via net to authorize my legal buyed copy. I don't live in US and have crappy slow dial-up modem - mean I wait for response a long time and it cost me much money. Then I changed machine and have to be making another costly call to make PPP work again on newst configuration. Then HD crashed and I making third call to make usable something already properly bought and payed for - at even more cost to self. Now somthing it happens again. This time I must be making direct connexion with CL and proved that I own PPP before I can run it more than a week? This cost me even more money ontop of what already I have payed for PPP. Something not right there. So maybe I don't buy PPP after all :(

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.