Wed, Sep 18, 7:55 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 7:39 am)

Subject: Grab Bag

WandW ( ) posted Thu, 01 April 2010 at 11:29 AM · edited Fri, 13 September 2024 at 2:55 AM

Cool offer-I got ratracer's Decaying Alley. 😄

I was charged the one cent, tho'.  Maybe they'll give me a store credit...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Wisdom of bagginsbill:

"Oh - the manual says that? I have never read the manual - this must be why."
“I could buy better software, but then I'd have to be an artist and what's the point of that?"
"The [R'osity Forum Search] 'Default' label should actually say 'Don't Find What I'm Looking For'".
bagginsbill's Free Stuff... https://web.archive.org/web/20201010171535/https://sites.google.com/site/bagginsbill/Home

RobynsVeil ( ) posted Thu, 01 April 2010 at 11:33 AM

I'll admit it: I'm a ditz. I really thought one would have some sort of choice in what one got. On the link itself I read (after I went through the whole thing and got something I really won't ever use) something about Random Item appearing in your account.

It really upset me at first, and I've written store staff about it, but I guess I should have googled "Grab Bag" for the definition of what that really is.

Monterey/Mint21.x/Win10 - Blender3.x - PP11.3(cm) - Musescore3.6.2

Wir sind gewohnt, daß die Menschen verhöhnen was sie nicht verstehen
[it is clear that humans have contempt for that which they do not understand] 

Metaphor of Chooks

LostinSpaceman ( ) posted Thu, 01 April 2010 at 2:24 PM

I got Luxury Reception Hall which, while I would never have bought myself, could be used in a few really great Doctor Who renders I think!

Darboshanski ( ) posted Thu, 01 April 2010 at 4:19 PM

I got the old patio after I figured out what I needed to do I screwed up the first time and didn't put the grab bag in the cart.

My Facebook Page

RobynsVeil ( ) posted Thu, 01 April 2010 at 4:57 PM

I got some dungeon thing... can't give this away, can I? It's okay: wish they had run it a bit differently so that one would end up with something that one would actually use.
Oh well... it's a freebie, and you don't look a freebie in the... ummmm... whatevers.

Metaphor of Chooks

Silke ( ) posted Thu, 01 April 2010 at 5:29 PM

Got Summertime, which I will never use. (I rarely use V4, and most definitely not in clothing like that, which doesn't go with what I render.)
Yeah, a product preference would have been nice.
I doubt they'd let us swap lol.
I could probably get some use out of your dungeon thingy, Robyn :)
Would also have been nice to mention you can only put it in the cart one time, because in my infinite wisdom, I forgot to put something in the cart which would have bumped me over the $10.40 mark... now I have an item I don't need, along with being under the mark for the other contest thingy... argh. :/
When I went to add the grab bag to the second item (which is over the 10.40) it wouldn't let me, saying I already own it.
Nice thought, and appreciated, but I think many people ended up with things they'll never use, which dims the enjoyment.

Silke

RobynsVeil ( ) posted Thu, 01 April 2010 at 6:11 PM

Quote - Nice thought, and appreciated, but I think many people ended up with things they'll never use, which dims the enjoyment.

Good point... I feel bad for deleting something someone would get marvellous use out of, but I never render scenes involving dungeons, so all RPublishing's excellent work and effort is lost on me.
In the end, it was a marketing ploy, and I bit, and I have no one to blame but myself. I suppose I need to just lighten up and enjoy the fact that I got something for free.

I don't suppose that... nooooooooooooo, there's no way that.............. wouldn't make sense for RPublishing to consider swapping items. Sheesh, they would be bombarded.

Guess it's time to just suck it up, girlfriend...

Metaphor of Chooks

brewgirlca ( ) posted Fri, 02 April 2010 at 9:57 PM

I agree this was a real sucker's promotion and I got taken. Got the modern apartment which is about as useless as a T on a B to me - being a fantasy action queen. I was hoping I might snag a gift certificate. Oh well, once bitten.

RobynsVeil ( ) posted Sat, 03 April 2010 at 12:12 AM · edited Sat, 03 April 2010 at 12:12 AM

BrewGirlCA, I'm jealous... lol ... problem is, a lot of people are going to end up with product they have no use for. I mean, I'm actually grateful to Rendo for getting that buy instinct happening because I did get some 3Dream/Mairy hair that was on special that I probably would have held off on, so I really don't feel so bad, but I would have prefered something less grunge... I never do that sort of rendering.
And we can't even trade what we have for something we can use... right, forum coordinator? Am I committing heresy by even just mentioning this?

Metaphor of Chooks

76claudia2205 ( ) posted Sat, 03 April 2010 at 12:54 AM

I got the modern apartment too and I am more into fairies and V4, so it's not usefull for me at this time. Would have been a good option if we could have the choice about picking out a product, but never the less I am gratefull for what has been given...maybe someday I'll need it.

Claudia

RobynsVeil ( ) posted Sat, 03 April 2010 at 1:06 AM

I agree with you, Claudia. I've decided to have a good look at the material room materials of this basement... who knows, might be something useful in there to keep for future reference. Then, redo the room entirely, split-level rec room with a plasma TV and a little bar, some throw pillows and who knows, maybe something kinky in the corner for the naughty ones... leave it to your collective imaginations what might end up *there. :laugh:

Metaphor of Chooks

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.