Sat, Oct 5, 8:22 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 26 4:27 pm)

Subject: Renderfarm tips?

Cherryman ( ) posted Wed, 21 April 2010 at 8:08 AM · edited Thu, 15 August 2024 at 11:48 AM

I'm about to sent an animation to a render farm for the first time, this is gonna cost me a lot of money..

So ..   Any tips?

I checked the requirements, made a time/cost calculation.

Not sure if i should try to bake it myself?  Or smart baking.. ?

Anyone?

hobepaintball ( ) posted Wed, 21 April 2010 at 9:39 PM

I do not have any tips, but would love to understand the process. I see them advertised in 3d world and 3d Artist. How did you do your calculatiuons, what is the cost estimate for your animation, how many frames at what size. If you go down this road please leave bread crumbs for others to possibly follow.

louguet ( ) posted Thu, 22 April 2010 at 6:23 AM

Attached Link: http://www.ranchcomputing.com

Hi,

in the case you'd like to send projects to the RANCH, I recommend you read our PDF User Guides here. You will find answers to most of the questions you can have... You can also contact us by e-mail or phone.

Cheers,

Fred

Cherryman ( ) posted Thu, 22 April 2010 at 6:26 AM

Quote - Hi,

in the case you'd like to send projects to the RANCH, I recommend you read our PDF User Guides here. You will find answers to most of the questions you can have... You can also contact us by e-mail or phone.

Cheers,

Fred

Well.. I did email to the ranch at 14-4-2010   Did not receive an answer yet... 

Regards,

Rob.

louguet ( ) posted Fri, 23 April 2010 at 4:05 AM

Hi Rob,

your message went under the radar because you sent it to the 'info' e-mail (from where came your registration validation) instead of the 'contact' or 'support' e-mail. I'll answer you today.

Fred

Cherryman ( ) posted Fri, 23 April 2010 at 5:20 AM

Quote - Hi Rob,

your message went under the radar because you sent it to the 'info' e-mail (from where came your registration validation) instead of the 'contact' or 'support' e-mail. I'll answer you today.

Fred

I got it, tnx for youre replay! 

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.