Sat, Oct 5, 8:14 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 05 8:08 am)

Subject: Is there a Way to transfer camera settings to one another

gtrdon ( ) posted Sat, 24 April 2010 at 12:37 PM · edited Thu, 25 July 2024 at 6:36 AM

Is anyone aware of a technique  or script that will  transfer one cameras view to another without having to  manually cut and paste the data.  Simular to what the assign camera does in other graphics programs

PhilC ( ) posted Sat, 24 April 2010 at 12:59 PM

All I do is select one camera as the current actor and go to Edit > Copy.

Then select another camera and go Edit > Paste.

I guess it could be scripted but I doubt if that would achieve the same in fewer mouse clicks.

gtrdon ( ) posted Sat, 24 April 2010 at 2:10 PM

Phil
For some reason I cannot seem to get this technique to work  correctly For example

1. I create an aux camera 1  and  move it to the view  I want
    2.  Copy (ctrl-C)
  2. Select view Camera for Main
  3. Select actor for Main Camera
  4. Paste (Ctrl-V)
  5. Does not work for Main camera
     Cannot seem to get it to work for tranferring from Posing camera  to Main either

PhilC ( ) posted Sat, 24 April 2010 at 3:04 PM

Is the camera the currently selected actor?

That is try selecting the camera from the drop down scene list of actors or the hierarchy window. Just viewing with a camera does not necessarily make it the currently selected actor upon which copy and paste will operate.

gtrdon ( ) posted Sat, 24 April 2010 at 3:26 PM

Yes I have tried both the Hierachy and the list..
It will work if I go from one type of camera to the other e.g  Aux Cam1 to Aux Cam2 but  from the aux  cam1 to  Main Camera or the Posing camera will not respond...

markschum ( ) posted Sat, 24 April 2010 at 3:51 PM

There are some differences in the cameras. Make sure the dials exist in the camera you are copying too.

Vestmann ( ) posted Sat, 24 April 2010 at 4:48 PM

Is the camera you created a dolly camera?  The main camera is a rotating camera that react differently then the dolly one.

Vestmann's Gallery

LostinSpaceman ( ) posted Sat, 24 April 2010 at 6:52 PM

Mark is correct, you can't get the same results copying an Aux Camera to a Main Camera because they don't contain the same characteristics and behaviours.

lesbentley ( ) posted Sun, 25 April 2010 at 3:07 AM

Quote - Mark is correct, you can't get the same results copying an Aux Camera to a Main Camera because they don't contain the same characteristics and behaviours.

The above is not correct. The Main and Aux cameras are exactly the same apart from their name. Or at least that is true from P4 through P6, and I can't see it having changed since. Although the Main and Aux cameras are the same, many cameras do differ.

Benboom ( ) posted Sun, 25 April 2010 at 5:48 AM

It's precisely because some cameras are different (main and dolly, for example) that it would be nice if there were a way to paste data between them. I don't know how many times I've wanted one camera type to be where the other is because of the control options available only to have to do it manually. Sometimes that is either very difficult or even impossible (impossible if you are inside a set whose walls/whatever) keep obstructing your view, making navigation problematic). 

LostinSpaceman ( ) posted Sun, 25 April 2010 at 12:58 PM

Quote - > Quote - Mark is correct, you can't get the same results copying an Aux Camera to a Main Camera because they don't contain the same characteristics and behaviours.

The above is not correct. The Main and Aux cameras are exactly the same apart from their name. Or at least that is true from P4 through P6, and I can't see it having changed since. Although the Main and Aux cameras are the same, many cameras do differ.

My bad! I stand corrected.

gtrdon ( ) posted Sun, 25 April 2010 at 3:02 PM

Thanks all for your input...
Well for some reason (reboot???) I can get all but the cameras now to work except for copying and pasting the 'created' aux cameras from the object menus.  They will recieve a copy from the 'Main Camera" but you cannot paste from an  created  **"aux 1 (revolving)" ** camera from the object menu to any of the default poser cameras.  I guess I will just not use the create cameras as a source..

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.