Wed, Sep 18, 8:28 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 7:39 am)

Subject: Discovered something interesting about WW last night...

SeanMartin ( ) posted Sun, 25 April 2010 at 9:55 AM · edited Fri, 26 July 2024 at 11:02 PM

I dot know if anyone else has discovered this, but...

I noticed that sometimes a few polygons tend to go haywire when a garment is converted in WW -- odd things sticking out, that sort of thing. I wondered if maybe there was something strange in the way the JPs were set up, so I went into the Joint Parameters window and nosed around a bit.

At the bottom of the window, there's something for setting up "XZY". I have no idea what this is, guys, but if set it for something else - say ZYX - and then cancelled the ensuing prompt, all of the errant polys snapped into proper position.

Weirdest thing I've ever seen. No idea why it works, but it allowed me to fix a bunch of stuff last night that I thought was useless because of this problem.

Passing it along FYI.

docandraider.com -- the collected cartoons of Doc and Raider

PhilC ( ) posted Sun, 25 April 2010 at 10:04 AM

It is probably because in doing so you negate or reset all the existing spherical fall off zones. The reason for the "spikes" is most usually that the original fall off zones are just that little bit too small so some of the cloth gets excluded. The correct adjustment is to increase the scale of these by one or two percent.

Depending on what version of Wardrobe Wizard/Poser you are using an explanatory video is included in the help file. This may be viewed on line at http://www.philc.net/WW2_help.php Scroll down to "Joint Parameters". There is no one size fits all where joint parameters are concerned however I feel that this video simplifies the mystery considerably.

SeanMartin ( ) posted Sun, 25 April 2010 at 10:13 AM

Col! Thanks, Phil.

I'm using WW2, BTW -- and really, really love this little proggie!

docandraider.com -- the collected cartoons of Doc and Raider

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.