Mon, Sep 9, 4:52 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 04 4:56 pm)

Subject: Vue 8.x and Poser 6

MarkHirst ( ) posted Thu, 06 May 2010 at 2:39 PM · edited Sun, 21 July 2024 at 5:42 AM

I am taking delivery of my new Alienware 64bit behemoth next week, which means I will want to update my Vue 6 Pro Studio to Vue 8 Complete to take advantage of the four cores and all that lovely 64bit memory address space.

I don't plan to update my other tools such as Poser 6 and Hexagon 1, so I'm checking if Poser 6 and Vue 8.x play nice.

Also, I notice that 8.5 Infinite has been announced, does that mean if I upgrade now I will get Complete 8.4 and then have to pay for the 8.5 update as well in the near future?

Mark

www.CambrianMoons.com

bruno021 ( ) posted Thu, 06 May 2010 at 2:44 PM

The Artists line doesn't get the .5  releases, only the Pro line. There won't be, AFAIK, a Vue 8.5 Complete, Artist line will stay at 8.4 until Vue9. This has been like this since Vue7, so I imagine it'll be the same with Vue8

MarkHirst ( ) posted Thu, 06 May 2010 at 3:01 PM · edited Thu, 06 May 2010 at 3:02 PM

Thanks for the response.

I didn't want to upgrade and then find myself handing over even more money!

So I just need to check if anybody is using Vue 8.x with Poser 6?

www.CambrianMoons.com

thefixer ( ) posted Thu, 06 May 2010 at 4:12 PM

I use Vue 8.4 Inf with Posers 6, 7 and 8 with no issues except the Vue one where it doesn't load some shaders properly..

Injustice will be avenged.
Cofiwch Dryweryn.

MarkHirst ( ) posted Thu, 06 May 2010 at 4:28 PM

Thanks, I suppose I should have asked if 64bit causes a problem here, but if it's just a case of reading files, that shouldn't matter.

Dare I ask if 8.4 is a stable release? (Yes, I know 'Vue' and 'stable' don't belong in the same sentence, but I have to ask - I've been burned before)

www.CambrianMoons.com

thefixer ( ) posted Thu, 06 May 2010 at 4:46 PM

Injustice will be avenged.
Cofiwch Dryweryn.

Eric Walters ( ) posted Fri, 07 May 2010 at 1:18 AM · edited Fri, 07 May 2010 at 1:19 AM

Vue Inf 8,1 Build 49020 to import Poser 6 characters. Not much luck with 8,4. I just got 8.5 and am testing it out. Note: Mac

OK- I see the mesh imported- now to see how she renders!

MarkHirst ( ) posted Fri, 07 May 2010 at 2:06 AM

I've installed the trial edition of Vue 8 Complete (on my existing 32bit machine) and noticed how it loses resources significantly faster after importing a Poser figure and a large vehicle mesh.

Vue 6 fell to 52% resources while Vue 8 went down to 14% and crashed on another attempt.

If it wasn't for losing all that nice vegetation ecosystem stuff, I'd be looking even harder at Cinema 4D !! :-(

www.CambrianMoons.com

Eric Walters ( ) posted Fri, 07 May 2010 at 9:53 AM

I just imported a character morphed, textured, and posed, V4.2 in VueInf 8.5. Worked just fine

ShawnDriscoll ( ) posted Fri, 07 May 2010 at 10:40 PM

Quote - I'm checking if Poser 6 and Vue 8.x play nice.

As long as you have 64-bit, Poser 6 will work about the same in 8.1 and higher as it did in 8.0.  If not, exporting as OBJ from Poser 6 is the way to get figures into Vue 8 scenes and manually apply the two head and body textures.

www.youtube.com/user/ShawnDriscollCG

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.