Mon, Oct 21, 9:32 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 21 9:06 pm)

Subject: If I was going to upgrade from Poser 7...

MeInOhio ( ) posted Sat, 29 May 2010 at 9:15 PM · edited Sat, 28 September 2024 at 1:53 AM

should I get 8 or Pro 2010? I've searched for posts on the topic, but I still can decide.

basicwiz ( ) posted Sat, 29 May 2010 at 9:18 PM

If you have a 64 bit computer and 64 bit OS then Pro, hands down. It's all 64 bit and runs like the wind. Also, if you are a "super user" get Pro. It's got a few extra bells and whistles.

IF not, 8 will probably do what you want to do. Basically the same program w/o the bells and whistles.

MeInOhio ( ) posted Sat, 29 May 2010 at 9:28 PM

Thanks. I have a 64 bit computer.

LaurieA ( ) posted Sat, 29 May 2010 at 9:31 PM

I have 8. I like it. It's faster than 7, even without the 64 bit. And I don't need all the bells and whistles of Pro ;o).

Laurie

RobynsVeil ( ) posted Sat, 29 May 2010 at 9:47 PM · edited Sat, 29 May 2010 at 9:48 PM

I have P8, and whilst I'd like to do background rendering (😄 at EstherAU) and software-based gamma-correction, I can't justify US$250 (translates to a lot more for us Aussies) for a sidegrade from P8 to PoserPro 2010 in any way at all.

My 5-y-o PC is getting a bit long in the tooth, but I don't see Santa packing an i7 in his bag for me any time soon, and P8 runs just fine on it so I'll just sit here and watch PP2010 users on their flash machines render blazingly fast with envy. :lol:

Monterey/Mint21.x/Win10 - Blender3.x - PP11.3(cm) - Musescore3.6.2

Wir sind gewohnt, daß die Menschen verhöhnen was sie nicht verstehen
[it is clear that humans have contempt for that which they do not understand] 

Metaphor of Chooks

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.