Mon, Sep 30, 5:37 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 30 3:32 am)

Subject: Modeling Clothing

stagehand ( ) posted Sat, 29 May 2010 at 10:24 PM · edited Wed, 24 July 2024 at 8:03 AM

Idk if this is the correct forum for this question, please let me know if I should ask it somewhere else.

I am in the process of modeling my first clothing set for V4. This is something I've wanted to get into for quite awhile and now have a project that requires a custom clothing set for Vicky, so it's the perfect opportunity.

Going into it I thought the hardest part would be the modeling, which make no mistake has been challenging, but it's turning out getting it to work in Poser is the real challenge.

I won't go into the long list of trials, errors, and successes I've experienced, rather I'll try to get to my show stopper.

I have modeled a pair of boots. I used an existing cr2 file and a cr2 editor to use with the object. I also used Autogroup editor to set it up.

When I go into Poser, the boots are there in the Character content and they load into the scene as expected. If I have V4 loaded in the scene in the default pose, and then load the boots, they show up in the scene on her feet just as expected. All good so far, then the problem starts.

When I conform the boots to Vicky, they jump forward in position so now the back of the boots are in about the middle of her leg. I suspect this may have something to do with the cr2 file, but I am really lost, I don't know what or where to make the adjustments. I am just wondering if anyone here can give me any suggestions or point me in the right direction?

Thanks in advance.

Vampires

pakled ( ) posted Sat, 29 May 2010 at 10:41 PM

this is fine...you can also check the freestuff forum, the modeling forum, the 'whatever modeling program you use forum; etc., for further possibilities.

I wish I'd said that.. The Staircase Wit

anahl nathrak uth vas betude doth yel dyenvey..;)

Fugazi1968 ( ) posted Sun, 30 May 2010 at 5:16 AM

Quote - Idk if this is the correct forum for this question, please let me know if I should ask it somewhere else.

I am in the process of modeling my first clothing set for V4. This is something I've wanted to get into for quite awhile and now have a project that requires a custom clothing set for Vicky, so it's the perfect opportunity.

Going into it I thought the hardest part would be the modeling, which make no mistake has been challenging, but it's turning out getting it to work in Poser is the real challenge.

I won't go into the long list of trials, errors, and successes I've experienced, rather I'll try to get to my show stopper.

I have modeled a pair of boots. I used an existing cr2 file and a cr2 editor to use with the object. I also used Autogroup editor to set it up.

When I go into Poser, the boots are there in the Character content and they load into the scene as expected. If I have V4 loaded in the scene in the default pose, and then load the boots, they show up in the scene on her feet just as expected. All good so far, then the problem starts.

When I conform the boots to Vicky, they jump forward in position so now the back of the boots are in about the middle of her leg. I suspect this may have something to do with the cr2 file, but I am really lost, I don't know what or where to make the adjustments. I am just wondering if anyone here can give me any suggestions or point me in the right direction?

Thanks in advance.

I've had this behaviour before and it is down to the position of the item when it is first imported into Poser.

When it is first imported into Poser, the boots must be in the correct position before you add the CR2.  If you have to move the boots to make them fit, get them in the right position then export them and reimport them into Poser.  Once you have done that you can add the CR2 and they should work :)

John

Fugazi (without the aid of a safety net)

https://www.facebook.com/Fugazi3D

stagehand ( ) posted Sun, 30 May 2010 at 7:31 AM

Quote -

I've had this behaviour before and it is down to the position of the item when it is first imported into Poser.

When it is first imported into Poser, the boots must be in the correct position before you add the CR2.  If you have to move the boots to make them fit, get them in the right position then export them and reimport them into Poser.  Once you have done that you can add the CR2 and they should work :)

John

Thank you! I'll give that a try.

Vampires

stagehand ( ) posted Sun, 30 May 2010 at 8:34 AM

Quote - > Quote - Idk if this is the correct forum for this question, please let me know if I should ask it somewhere else.

Thanks in advance.

John

This did indeed solve my problem, thank you so much!

Vampires

bg36 ( ) posted Sun, 30 May 2010 at 7:29 PM

I've found  to make sure the figure I model the clothing for is in the zero figure pose before  i start modeling the clothing. this will ensure the item is in the right place :) at least for me anyways

stagehand ( ) posted Sun, 30 May 2010 at 11:40 PM

Quote - I've found  to make sure the figure I model the clothing for is in the zero figure pose before  i start modeling the clothing. this will ensure the item is in the right place :) at least for me anyways

Thank you! I did have V4 in the zero pose but somehow I had managed to get the clothing character a bit off center. Add to the list of things I didn't know were important at the start :)

Vampires

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.