Sun, Oct 6, 5:32 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 05 8:40 pm)

Subject: OT Guillermo Del Toro quits as Hobbit Director

jerr3d ( ) posted Mon, 31 May 2010 at 9:33 PM · edited Fri, 30 August 2024 at 9:25 PM

He is staying on as co-writer, but due to delays will not direct the films.

As much as i hate to hear this maybe now he will be able to go ahead with making H.P.Lovecrafts' At the Mountains of Madness. 

ShawnDriscoll ( ) posted Mon, 31 May 2010 at 10:21 PM

So the whole movie is delayed or Del Toro had other projects that couldn't wait and another director will replace him?

www.youtube.com/user/ShawnDriscollCG

jerr3d ( ) posted Mon, 31 May 2010 at 10:59 PM

Attached Link: story

here's the story i read

KimberlyC ( ) posted Tue, 01 June 2010 at 12:15 AM · edited Tue, 01 June 2010 at 12:25 AM

Sad.. but I can only hope Peter Jackson will take over. :)

Winterclaw ( ) posted Tue, 01 June 2010 at 1:12 AM

Peter Jackson is probably the best guy for the job, so yeah I hope he takes over as well.

WARK!

Thus Spoketh Winterclaw: a blog about a Winterclaw who speaks from time to time.

(using Poser Pro 2014 SR3, on 64 bit Win 7, poser units are inches.)

ShawnDriscoll ( ) posted Tue, 01 June 2010 at 1:20 AM

Unless he can find a good director to live in New Zealand for 6 years to do the work for him.

www.youtube.com/user/ShawnDriscollCG

adh3d ( ) posted Tue, 01 June 2010 at 5:03 AM

I have always thought that Peter Jackson is the person.

adh3d website

Ghostofmacbeth ( ) posted Tue, 01 June 2010 at 8:14 AM

But it is all a question when MGM will get situated, sadly.

Robmobius ( ) posted Tue, 01 June 2010 at 8:25 AM

I do really want him to make the Mountain of Madness. Nobody has ever really done a decent HP Lovecraft film that I can think of. Although I do like Carpenter's hommage. :)

Rob.

jerr3d ( ) posted Tue, 01 June 2010 at 9:20 AM

I thought the Necronomicon was a decent Lovecraftian film.  Carpenter's is just plain weird, but so was HPL.

On the other hand Jackson said he would never work for New Line Cinema again after the dispute over LOTR profits.  How MGM has the rights to the Hobbit instead of NLC idk.

Robmobius ( ) posted Tue, 01 June 2010 at 9:32 AM

I forgot about the Necronomicon... That was pretty decent. :) Mind you the last story was pretty damn weird and disturbing

In the moth of madness by Carpenter I thought was a decent stab at a H.P.L. film (even tho' it was a homage you could say).

JenX ( ) posted Tue, 01 June 2010 at 3:39 PM

Sitemail | Freestuff | Craftythings | Youtube|

Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it into a fruit salad.

tvining ( ) posted Tue, 01 June 2010 at 8:41 PM

This is good news, as far as I can see. "Pan's Labyrinth" was a great film, but Del Toro is the wrong director for "The Hobbit"--his sense of fantasy is too strange for "The Hobbit"--it should look and feel more familiar and earthy, like LOTR, not like "Pan's" or "Hellboy." He also has a slapstick sense of humor, and the Hobbit needs a much more Brit sense of understatement.

Miss Nancy ( ) posted Tue, 01 June 2010 at 10:13 PM

I'd rather see "the mountains of madness", too. it's the one where the giant penguins and
shoggs are running amok in the antarctic.  does anybody really wanna see a bunch of those
hobbits jumping and stumbling around for 2 hrs?

jerr3d ( ) posted Wed, 02 June 2010 at 6:34 PM

Personally i would rather see Shadow over Innsmouth get the movie treatment since it is one of Mr Lovecraft's more action oriented stories.

But having seen what del Toro did with Devil's Backbone and Pan's Labyrinth im sure his version of AtMoM would be very interesting,  Penguins and all ^ ^

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.